Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Our success is built with the efforts of our employees and support of our management. Grounded in our core values; Integrity, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Innovation & Creativity, Professionalism, Corporate Social Responsibility. KEPHIS is committed to be the employer of choice. We always seek to identify, engage and retain best talent to take up variety of roles. KEPHIS provide the employees with opportunities for growth and development and reward those who are devoted to perform their best.
- Drafting of agreements, contracts, leases and maintaining records of such transactions.
- Liaising with external legal councils on legal matters affecting the Board.
- Verifying all contracts, agreements, leases in which the Board enters into to ensure compliance.
- Advising the Management on legal aspects of administrative matters.
- Undertaking research on assigned legal issues.
- Collecting and collating research data.
- Vetting and verification of documents before execution by authorized representatives of the Board.
- Liaising with the office of the Attorney General on legal issues affecting the Board in execution of its mandate.
- Prepare witnesses and the evidence as well as presenting the same in court while keeping an updated record of all court cases.
- Collaborate and correspond with external advocates on all pending court cases.
- Attend to internal company queries of legal nature in the facilitation of normal business.
- Assist with Board affairs in the absence of the Corporation secretary.
- Deputize the Corporation Secretary in the performance of company secretarial duties whenever called upon.
- Advising Procurement committees on legal issues.
- Maintenance of accreditation and ISO certification.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Lobbying, advocacy; Data collection; Contract drafting and preparation; Contract law; Legal counseling; Legal analysis; Research planning; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply