i. Honours Bachelor's degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized institution.
ii. Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
iii. A Master of Laws degree (LL.M) or other relevant post-graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
iv. Possession of a valid practicing certificate
(i) Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience 3 years post enrolment and litigation experience obtained from a busy law firm or recognized Institution.
(ii) Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel
(iii) In-depth knowledge of regulatory law.
1. Representing the university and its Organs in Courts of Law and other Judicial and administrative Tribunals
2. Handling arbitration, mediation and negotiations on behalf of the University.
3. Interpreting laws and policies governing the University'
4. Drafting and reviewing Court documents, contracts and other correspondences.
5. Assisting in monitoring enactment of laws and regulations and assess their impact on the operations of the University.
6. Conducting Legal research
7. Providing legal advice to the University and its Organs.
8. Perform any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
9. Drafting Memoranda, Articles of Association and flouting Companies