Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 18 days left to apply for this job.
This position is located in the United Nations Dispute Tribunal (UNDT) Registry, Office of Administration of Justice (OAJ) in Nairobi. The UNDT hears and decides cases filed by or on behalf of current and former staff members appealing administrative decisions alleged to be in non-compliance with their terms of appointment or contract of employment. The UNDT conducts hearings, issues orders, and renders binding judgments. Both staff members and the Administration have a right to appeal the judgments of the UNDT to the United Nations Appeals Tribunal. The incumbent will report to the UNDT Registrar in Nairobi.
• Review of submissions to the UNDT;
• Assist in the preparation of referrals to the Mediation Division of the Office of the Ombudsman;
• Respond to correspondence;
• Draft, review and advise on legal documents and correspondence;
• Support Judges by preparing background materials and summaries of issues, as required;
• Attend meetings, and give advice on emerging issues and questions, as required;
• Identify issues, draft legal texts and handle a wide range of complex legal matters involving interpretation and application of administrative law;
• Conduct extensive legal research and provide detailed analysis of cases and jurisprudence;
• Provide legal advice on diverse substantive and procedural questions;
• Support the Judges in producing accurate, comprehensive judgments, including review of draft judgments for any inconsistencies or inaccuracies, and ensuring editorial uniformity prior to dissemination.
• Assist in maintaining the UNDT’s registers (electronic and online), the publication and dissemination of the decisions, rulings and judgments rendered by the UNDT, in the required official languages, through the agreed media;
• Assist in maintaining the Tribunal’s case law digest and jurisprudence databank;
• Perform other duties as required.Required education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)