Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
IDLO and the Procurement Administrative Review Board, (PPARB), seek to recruit two embedded legal researchers to provide technical assistance to the PPARB
- Undertake research on points of law as instructed relating to the mandate given to PPARB by the Constitution, Act, Regulations and other public procurement and asset disposal laws.
- Investigate facts of cases and ensure all relevant information pertinent to assigned cases is provided for consideration;
- Research, identify appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles and other materials that are relevant to assigned cases;
- Monitor and report compliance with summons, orders and decisions made by the Board;
- Compile statistical analyses of cases handled and activities undertaken by the Board;
- Make sure the Board members are fully prepared for closings, hearings, trials and Board’s meetings;
- Where so instructed, provide support in mediating or arbitrating disputes and in appeals’ hearings.
- Prepare written legal opinions on ongoing cases that the members of the Board can make reference to in development of their decisions;
- Oversee the organization of files of cases to make them accessible to presiding Chair/Members of the Board;
- Coordinate and facilitate the retrieval of trial records;
- Organize, draft, coordinate and compile documents relating to the various programmes/meetings /workshops/conferences of the PPARB’s mandate, project and expert group reports, and taking detailed notes at meetings and conference.
- Write relevant and periodic reports from information acquired in various workshops;
- Where so requested, develop media briefs for the Board Secretary/CEO and Board members on the legal aspects of the work of the PPARB.
- Assist the Secretary to liaise with the Attorney General’s office on judicial review matters by preparing pleadings, replying affidavits and instructions.
- Monitor progress and status of judicial review cases at the Court and compile statistical and legal analyses of judgements rendered thereof and advise the Board on the same.
- Any other relevant duty or responsibility assigned by the Board Secretary/CEO, PPARB.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)