Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
Overall Job Purpose
To prepare and report on results of animal tests and other information on animal genetics and quality of animal breeding endeavors in either a natural or controlled environment.
• Should have at least a Diploma in Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
• Should have an Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 3 credits in sciences with a combination of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture or equivalent qualification.
• Should have basic knowledge of reproductive biology, animal breeding and behavior.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years in an organization related with animal breeding
• Collects and tests semen and other samples to establish its genotype, quality and viability for reproductive and breeding initiatives.
• Collects natural and exotic genetic animal resources for storage or conservation as found appropriate.
• Implements Al measures and assists in the execution of another animal natural or assisted breeding techniques or technologies
• Records data on animal management and associated reproductive and breeding activity.
• Observes animal hygiene, health, diet (including special diets, pregnancy diagnosis as may be necessary) and behavior to establish appropriate care, reproductive, breeding and treatment regimes.
• Supervises the cleaning and sterilization of the animal testing environment for reproduction and breeding where deployed.
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the Supervisor
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)