Fuzu Exclusive Job
Panalpina | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- High, secondary school
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Basic level (worker)
- Full Time
Overall purpose of the job:
Safe and responsible handling and checking of airline equipment on damage and cleanliness. Safe,efficient and effective handling, stacking and movement of boxes containing perishables. Preparationand finalizing the palletized cargo on Airline ULDs ready for carriage.Qualifications and Experience
1. “O” Level (KCSE D+)
2. Further training on Cargo Handling Operations will be added advantage.
3. Excellent computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook.
4. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
5. A team player with exceptional people handling and problem solving skills.
6. Extremely self-motivated, confident, disciplined with attention to detail.
7. Ability to cope with and handle stressful situations.
8. Hands on experience of at least 1 (one) year and above.
1. Ensure the work environment and equipment is clean tidy and stacked orderly.
2. Reports any irregularity to the Supervisor.
3. Assist with checking, cleaning the airline equipment before this enters the cold-stores
4. Assist the Operation Assistants off-loading trucks, stacking the boxes on skids and place stacks of boxes of one shipment together in the cold-store at a location advised by then Supervisor.
5. Assist the Palletizer collecting the stacks of boxes and take these to the pallet building area.
6. Assist the Palletizer stacking the boxes on a ULD in accordance to a contour, ensuring the correct boxes are stacked and recorded on the pallet-card.
7. Assist the Palletizer moving the ULD through the cold-store for Vacuum Cooling and weighing
8. Net the ULD and tighten the nets and cover the ULD with tarpaulin or thermo blankets before push-out on dollies for transport to the GHA.
9. Reports any irregularity of shipments and or equipment to the Supervisor.
10. Keeps the workplace clean and tidy and assist in the Cold store where needed.
11. Adheres to all health and safety SOPs of the company.
12. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the managementKey Performance Areas (KRAs)
1. Quick trucks offloading (20%)
2. Correct shipments handling (20%)
3. Correct palletization (30%)
4. Quality BUP netting (10%)
5. Keeps the work place clean (10%)
6. Proper handling of all working tools (10%)
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Basic level (worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 12 monthsRequired skills
: Aircraft handling (refueling, ground handling); Customs clearance; Inspection of incoming goods; Cargo loading and fixing; Handling of goods; Sorting, sampling and weightingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply