Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers; support them to apply for our loan products.
- Prospects new clients and assists them for loan application and Analyze and interpret financial statements of the business in order to access the repayment capacity and financial soundness of the borrower.
- Conducts loan appraisal, collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties), and arrange to opens new loan account.
- Introduce the loan products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing.
- Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Associates and Business Associates, etc.
- Communicate all materials to the Portfolio Director and assist in preparing credit reports for Investment Committee meetings.
- Take photos of entrepreneurs, have those sign photo waivers, and post their stories on the Kiva platform.
- The SME Loan Manager oversees the technical area of small and medium enterprise credit, including supervision and monitoring of SME direct lending and loan guaranty programs.
- Contributing to strategic planning, new business development, proposal writing, capacity building, knowledge sharing, and business innovation to expand access to financial services in Kakuma
- Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers.
- Work with Business Development Services team to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring.
- Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status.
- Actively participate as key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting.
- Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information.
- Interact with government leaders, the court system, for follow up on lack of payments.
- Work with the Finance team to produce invoices for payments.
- Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling.
- Active monitoring of loan repayments and overall performance;
- Loan assessment, appraisal and disbursement
- Chairing credit/facility committees under the loan manager’s approval rights,
- Loan Manager will be a trusted partner of AEC Kenya clients and basic qualifications include:
- University degree in Finance or another related field,
- Must speak fluent English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of other local languages is a plus,
- Experience in Islamic lending and practice is preferred,
- Experience in lending, group savings is strongly preferred
- Experience in lending products development is STRONGLY preferred,
- Experience in loan management, microfinance, capital leases is strongly preferred.
- Experience in managing loan staff,
- Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs,
- Prior experience in dealing with customers/debt,
- Prior experience in a lending environment,
- Prior experience in using Loan management system software
- Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors to pay off the entire debt,
- Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes,
- Very strong attention to details and good follow-through,
- Comfort with the civil court system, collateral registration and previous experience in litigation is preferred
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- 5+ years of work experience in the relevant or applicable field.
- Must be able to legally work in Kenya.
- Purpose: we are solutions-oriented and produce high quality work to be a global leader.
- Achievement: we push ourselves to reach beyond what we previous thought possible.
- Improvement: we are humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. We improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback.
- Bravery: we are willing to take risks and create a safe space for others to take risks. We are compassionate and inclusive.
- Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja (“We are together”): we take time to appreciate colleagues, celebrate success, and hold each other up in hard times. We eat goat.
- Fun, collaborative work environment,
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills,
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Kenya (Kakuma)
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
9 days left to apply
African Entrepreneur Collective
African Entrepreneur Collective works with local entrepreneurs so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs. AEC has 140 staff in offices in: - Rwanda (Kigali and Musanze) - Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab, Kakuma) Working with 14,000 entrepreneurs in 2020, AEC is poised to grow with new offices in Kenya in 2021, providing training, consulting, and access to affordable finance. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Meet your new colleagues
9 days left to apply