Loan Manager (Dadaab)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
AEC Kenya provides training, consulting, and access to affordable loans/facilities to help entrepreneurs improve their businesses to create jobs and improve livelihoods. With backing from US-based investors, AEC Kenya provides up to $50,000 in financing with flexible loan/facility terms to qualified borrowers. The Loan fund is exclusively open to AEC Kenya
clients. AEC Kenya provides clients with a range of business support services, which decreases our investment risk. This partnership model allows AEC Kenya to make decisions based on a range of indicators, including financial information, potential for social impact, and character of the entrepreneur.
AEC Kenya Ltd is the Kenyan affiliate of African Entrepreneur Collective, which now has 140 staff in 10 offices across East Africa, working with 10,000 entrepreneurs annually to help them grow their businesses. As a social enterprise to create jobs and improve lives, we balance financial sustainability and private sector approaches with social impact and values-driven company culture.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
AEC Kenya seeks a highly talented and experienced Loan Manager professional to manage our Loan activities and a team of Loan Officers in Dadaab.
The Loan Manager will join our team with core responsibilities as follows:
AEC Kenya Loan Manager is responsible for the items below:
DUE DILIGENCE and FACILITY/LOAN PREPARATION (40%)
- Respond to inquiries from prospective borrowers, support them to apply for our loan products
- Introduce the loan products to entrepreneurs, explaining the requirements for repayment and the seriousness of taking on debt financing
- Conduct due diligence on prospective borrowers, including site visits, document preparation, coordination with the Business Development Associates and Business Associates, etc
- Communicate all materials to the Portfolio Director and assist in preparing credit reports
for Investment Committee meetings
- Offer excellent customer service through daily conversations, correspondence, and site visits as needed to maintain strong positive relationships with borrowers
- Work with Business Development Services team to ensure borrower success, and Visit clients for monitoring
- Track information about borrowers and communicate effectively with key stakeholders about client status
- Actively participate as key staff in the weekly Portfolio Review Meeting
- Maintain a tracking system of borrower payments and contact information
- Interact with government leaders, the court system, refugee’s and host communities’ stakeholders and others for follow up on lack of payments
- Work with the Finance Director/Senior Finance Associate to produce invoices for payments
- Ensure that we are adhering to the requirements of our Kiva partnership, including reporting and journaling
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Supervising and training Loan Officers staff in all steps of the loan granting cycle including:
- Acquisition and screening of potential clients
- Active monitoring of loan repayments and overall performance
- Loan assessment, appraisal and disbursement
- Chairing credit/facility committees under the loan manager’s approval rights
Loan Manager will be a trusted partner of AEC Kenya clients; basic qualifications include:
- University degree in Finance or any other related field
- Must speak fluent English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of other local languages will be an added advantage
- Experience in Islamic lending and practice is STRONGLY PREFERRED
- Experience in loan management, microfinance, capital leases, and access to finance for Micro businesses and SMEs is STRONGLY preferred
- Experience in lending, group savings is strongly preferred
- Experience in lending products development is a MUST
- Experience in managing loan staff
- Experience providing business advice to entrepreneurs and dealing with customers/debt
- Prior experience in using Loan management system software
- Decisive individuals with the ability to deliver unpleasant messages to the debtors and assertive enough to get the debtors to pay off the entire debt
- Experience in managing difficult clients and reaching positive outcomes
- Very strong attention to details and good follow-through, Comfort with the civil court system, collateral registration and previous experience in litigation is preferred
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills.
- 5+ years of work experience in the relevant or applicable field
- Must be able to legally work in Kenya
Fun, collaborative work environment,
Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Kenya (Dadaab and Garissa).
AEC’s / Inkomoko core beliefs and values enable us to achieve our vision and mission. Our employees embody the key tenants of the company’s culture. In addition to the skills above, all candidates must demonstrate our core values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others to take risks. Be compassionate and inclusive.
TukoPamoja (We are together): Take time to appreciate colleagues, celebrate success, and hold each other up in hard times. We eat goat
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
8 days left to apply
African Entrepreneur Collective
African Entrepreneur Collective works with local entrepreneurs so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs. AEC has 140 staff in offices in: - Rwanda (Kigali and Musanze) - Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab, Kakuma) Working with 14,000 entrepreneurs in 2020, AEC is poised to grow with new offices in Kenya in 2021, providing training, consulting, and access to affordable finance. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Meet your new colleagues
8 days left to apply