Job verified by Fuzu
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD) Uganda | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Logistics Assistant (Lobule)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
(VA NO: AFOD/EXT/INT/39/18/001)
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Main job summary:
Under the direct supervision of Procurement and Logistic Officer, the incumbent will coordinate day to day logistics operations stakeholders ensuring timely and efficient delivery of food commodities to beneficiaries at Health Facilities.
Hold a University Degree in either of the following fields: Finance & Accounts, Procurement & Logistics, Computer Science, Statistics or any other related field obtained from a recognized Institution Or a Diploma in any of the above with long progressive experience logistics management in lieu of degree.
A minimum of five years working experience in a relevant field gained from a reputable organization;
Ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation; training labourers on appropriate staking methods; identification of potential risks and taking remedial actions; coordination with transporters and accountability for commodities within the warehouse and in the field.
How To Apply:
Submit your application through email and address to the Human resource Officer, Kampala Head Office, Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Ntinda Minister’s Village or the Adjumani Field Office, Kelvin Road. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location, CV(with at least 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
- Ensure accurate daily and weekly reports on food and NFIs in the AFOD stores are shared with WFP and ensure that internal control systems are functioning and all relevant records are maintained;
- Report timely any anomaly encountered from/by transporters in the delivery of cargo from EDPs and finally to the FDPs.
- Ensure utilization of AFOD documents for supply chain transactions as per WFP rules and regulations (waybills, LTI, stock reports, loss reports etc.).
- Ensure daily and monthly reconciliation of stock reports with the commodity-tracking unit.
- Institute loss mitigation measures, loss analysis and reporting,
- Regularly monitor and supervise the activities of food handling at FDP including temporary storage at Health Facilities.
- Oversee fleet management of AFOD Uganda field office to effectively support operations and field activities while applying standard operating procedures in facilitating field logistic support, directly or indirectly delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Support timely ordering and delivery of commodities and supplies to authorized partners and destinations.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Reporting; Logistics planning and management; Fleet management; Supply and demand planning; Stock and inventory management; Documentation and record keepingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply