Job verified by Fuzu
Summit Recruitment &Training | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Our client, an NGO in Nairobi is looking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator. The ideal candidate must have over 5 years’ experience in Logistics in a busy firm and must be willing to travel within Kenya.
• Create & update all vehicle logistics schedules consistently & disseminate as frequently as needed to all relevant parties.
• Communicate any logistics changes to all relevant parties.
• Planning for future vehicle needs & outsourcing services if needed.
• Be the trouble shooter & overall information holder for everything vehicles (movements, breakdowns, schedule changes).
• Liaise with the mechanic shop to have vehicles repaired in a timely, affordable & quality manner.
• Identify trends within the vehicle department & how best to use that information – always striving to improve processes, money saving and superior customer service.
• Keep records of vehicles & their logbooks.
• Ensuring that all vehicle insurances are up to date all the time.
• Ensuring that all vehicles have working seatbelts all the time.
• Creating and maintaining good vehicle checklists and best practices to ensure vehicles are always in great working condition; issues are reported and dealt with the proper thought our processes.
• Check in with drivers to ensure scheduling & to confirm any vehicle malfunctions and report accordingly.
• Ensure drivers have all their necessary paperwork up to date always.
• Coordinating (HR) driver hiring, training, appraisal, team building etc.
• Issuing LPOs for vehicles to get fuel.
• Create vehicle budgets quarterly, taking into account all departments’ logistics needs.
• Other duties as required.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Vehicle maintenance and repair; Logistics planning and management; Outsourcing; Fleet management; Route planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply