Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 21 days left to apply for this job.
About the role
The Logistics Manager leads transport planning within the supply chain operations for Twiga.
The job holder will oversee Supply Chain Logistics which covers the movement of produce from farmgate > collection center> warehouse.This role will oversee both inbound in-house fleet and manage relationships with 3PL partners ensuring timely and efficient supply of products.
The scope of this includes inbound logistics from rural Kenya to Nairobi and its environs. Logistics Manager will be reporting to the Supply Chain General Manager.
- Champion logistics solutions and process improvements on movement of goods within the supply chain
- Provide and analyze the transport and logistics costs and reporting to the supply chain manager with required frequency
- Responsible for all aspects of inbound routing activity to ensure on-time deliveries to our warehouse or depots
- Manage extensive communications with 3PL partners, drivers and supply-chain team
- Work with the fleet team on continuous improvement or corrective action to meet or exceed service and cost metrics, goals, objectives
- Ensure that all compliance issues on inbound logistics are adhered to including but not limited to licences, toll fees etc
- Resolve daily operational matters pertaining to suppliers, inbound deliveries to ensure on-time pickup and delivery
- Oversee and ensure supplier compliance as governed by supplier agreements
- Determine and manage the balance between cost, capacity utilization, and service
- Maintain expertise and knowledge with Twiga Supply Chain and Logistics system
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics or other related field
- 5+ years in logistics management
- Experience in running full cycle logistics operations in a medium-large sized company
- Previous management experience 2+ years working with 3PLs and busy supply-chain environment.
- A track record of putting in place effective controls to track transport and logistics activities to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives
Execution - makes sure initiatives and tasks are carried out; monitors results and makes adjustments as needed
- Facilitates change - Tries to minimize complexities, contradictions, and paradoxes or reduce their impact; clarifies direction and smoothes the process of change
- Passion for results - works tenaciously to overcome obstacles and to meet or exceed goals
- Customer focus - Identifies breakdowns in internal processes and systems that directly impact customer service and retention; expresses concerns to others.
- Business acumen - understands the nature and interdependencies of business functions and supporting processes (People, finance, operations, etc.)
- Planning and organization - recognizes problems, takes corrective/preventive action and keeps people informed of plans, progress, and decisions
- Decision making - organizes information and data to identify/explain major trends, problems, and causes; compares and combines information to identify underlying issues
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself