Fuzu Exclusive Job
MercyCorps | Kaabong, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Logistics Officer Based in Kaabong
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and directly implements programs in the northern Districts of Pader, Agago, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kaabong, Kotido, and Abim with funding from USAID’s, Food for Peace (FFP), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Over the past years Mercy Corps Uganda has experienced significant growth that has resulted in the expansion into new districts and the development of more innovative alliances with international and national NGOs. Working in transitional environments, Mercy Corps is working in two regions of northern Uganda. Previously assisting IDPs and integrating well-targeted short-term humanitarian assistance, the country program is moving towards larger longer term programs that facilitate market-based approaches within a wide range of activities (livelihoods, peace building, agriculture, water and sanitation, health and nutrition, and economic development) Mercy Corps takes a very integrated approach to ensure the greatest and most sustainable impact
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Managers, the Logistics Officer is responsible for the overall Logistics Management of the Kotido Office.In charge of the Kotido Logistics department, the Logistics Officer will make sure that all programs in the field are fully supported timely and accurately in all type of logistics needs. The Logistics Officer is the key person for all the Kotido/Abim Logistics arrangements, coordination. In addition this position will be required to perform other program support logistical duties, such as arranging flights, transportation, lodging, etc… as the need arises.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy. Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation. Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
- Continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation of fuel consumptions.
- With the Head Driver, schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs. Maintain vehicle movement board daily. Oversee and ensure proper use of the vehicles.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Organize cleaning of vehicles.
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles and maintain service schedule files.
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Track vehicle expenses in accordance with the respective procurement policy.
- File Monthly Vehicle Consumables sheet for each vehicle separately.
- Order and maintain stock of spare parts and consumables.
- Manage drivers’ leave schedules ensuring smooth operation of the fleet.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure proper tracking of drivers/Guards HR files.
- Ensure drivers are licensed and trained. Participate in hiring and disciplinary measures for drivers.
- Coordinate with drivers to ensure regular vehicle communications is in place.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
- As security focal point, coordinate with District Security officers; organize levies as needed for field trips.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed including all vehicles’ related incidents).
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Responsible for oversight of vehicle rentals including tracking of leases and payments.
- Maintain the asset records for all vehicles/motorcycles in Kotido office and liaise with Kampala for a centralized Assets inventory of all MC Uganda offices
- Ensure all the items bought that falls under Asset category in vehicles according to MC Policies are properly registered on the Asset Register with all the required information
- Every month review and physically crosscheck with the drivers that all the tools are always available – any loss or damage must be reported
- All logistics and operations files must be clearly maintained. These files must always be updated, organized, clearly marked, and complete. These will include, but will not be limited to:
- Warehouse reports (including receipts, dispatches, internal waybills, and information regarding laborers and equipment), produced and filed by month
- Manuals documentation, receipts and other important documents
- Copies of goods received notes for all procured items purchased in Kampala or other offices and transferred to Kotido or items for Abim and any other office transiting in Kotido.
- All vehicles’ files must be properly and clearly filed at all time and easily accessible
- All incidents or related reports are captured and properly filed
- Produce and file other reports as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- In the absence of the procurement officer and administration officer, and in coordination with the Operations Manager, provide support for all procurement and administration activities to ensure operations are done according to Mercy Corps policy.
- Provide supervisory roles to Drivers, and Guards to ensure that they meet performance objectives through regular meetings, disciplinary actions, development planning, delegation and performance reviews.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps.
- Perform other tasks as requested and needed by Mercy Corps Operations in Kotido
- At least 3 years’ experience in Logistics, procurement and/or procurement management, Asset management and security management
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Logistics Management ,Business Management, or related field
- INGO/NGO experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of the Local context of Karamoja is an advantage, including knowledge of Local Language
- Competencies in organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with diverse personnel, adaptability to unanticipated circumstances
- Quick thinker with ability to resolve problems fast, with minimal supervision
- Security management and reporting is an advantage
- Microsoft Office computer skills and experience with using email.
- Good command of English, both oral and written.
- A clear understanding of Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing and Assets management ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with donor policies and procedures is essential.
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of program activities is necessary.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KaabongArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 18 monthsRequired skills
: Reporting; Logistics planning and management; Security operations; Fleet management; Car driving; ProcurementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply