Logistics Officer, P4
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
EducationAdvanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in logistics, business administration, public administration, engineering, supply chain management or other relevant field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Work ExperienceMinimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience planning, coordinating and managing multi-functional supply chain and support logistics operations in the field and international environment or related area is required.
Advanced, minimum five years applied experience in use of relevant tools and applications in warehouse management, inventory planning, and replenishment planning.or related field is required.
Experience in providing logistics and supply chain support services in a complex, volatile, conflict or post-conflict environment is desirable.
Experience in international military or UN peacekeeping operations is desirable.Experience in demand and inventory planning, forecasting and delivery planning is required
LanguagesEnglish and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position(s) advertised, fluency in English is required.
ResponsibilitiesWithin the delegated authority, the Logistics Officer will be responsible for the following duties:Required education
• Exercises managerial and supervisory control over all logistics support required by the mission.
• Develops, prepares, coordinates and monitors overall support plans including demand forecasting, supply schedules, priorities or requirements, and resolution of urgent operational needs.
• Monitors and coordinates all multifunctional logistic requirements at the operational and tactical levels.
• Assists Chief Supply Chain Management in the development of policy and procedures for logistics support.
• Briefs Chief Centralized Warehousing Section on a daily basis on the ongoing operation/requests .
• Ensures that logistics requirements take account of gender-specific needs.
• Advises senior management on logistics management, structures and staffing levels to ensure that they are at all times adequate to meet the requirements of the logistics strategy.
• Carry out logistics support coordination with UNSOS Sections to establish Mission’s priorities and resources allocation within the framework of the overall Mission Support Plan and guidance from mission senior management. Organizes and chairs logistics operations meetings.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
-Department of Peace Operations and Department of Operational Support UNHQ.
-Operations & Resources Management, Service Delivery Management and Supply Chain Management.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)