Machine Operator - Kalaki District Local Government
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
REF: DSC/KALA/156/03/09/2020Job Purpose:
Applications are invited from the suitable qualified Ugandans to fill the under listed vacant posts that exist in Kalaki District Local Government. Application forms (PSC Form 3, revised 2008) to be completed in triplicate (Original handwriting) and the forms are obtainable from all Secretaries District Service Commission countrywide or Secretary Public Service Commission (PSC). Serving Officers must route their applications through their heads of departments who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay. Only Certified photocopies of Academic Certificates, Transcripts, National Identity card and other relevant documents as well as 3 recent passport size photographs and day time telephone contact should accompany each application form.
Application should be submitted in triplicate to the Office of Chief Administrative Officer Kalaki, P. O. Box 722, Soroti not later than 6th March 2020.
Late applications will not be considered and only successful applicants will be contacted.
To set up, maintain and operate machinery
• Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
• Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
• Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
• Test operation of machines periodically
• Fix issues that might occur during the shift
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
• Maintain activity logsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)