Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
SIM Plastics UgandaKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 14 days left to apply for this job.
Sim Plastics (U) Ltd is a plastics manufacturing company dealing in the production of different shapes of plastic containers mainly supplied to our sister company Movit Products Ltd.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to fill the position of Maintenance Technician (Mechanical).
Install, maintain, improve and repair plant equipment, to set levels effectively in compliance with best practices ensuring production efficiency can be met within a safe well-presented facility.Respond to technical issues affecting production and maintain mechanical equipment through Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) .• Ordinary Diploma/Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a reputable institution of higher learning with at least 4 years of working experience in maintenance of mechanical equipment preferably in a manufacturing set-up.
• Professional accreditation with an institution of professional engineers would be advantageous
• Commercial understanding of the impact of failure/downtime on production and ultimately customer delivery
• Ability to use basic problem solving tools (5why, Ishikawa) key performance indicators
Achieve 100% compliance on all assigned tasks
Reduce on reworks to zero by ensuring 80% accuray on assigned tasks.Improving the equipment mean time between failures and reduces the mean time to repair.
Job application procedureInterested candidates are invited to apply through our email [email protected] , copy [email protected] . Indicate the Job Title in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 18th March 2021
• Attend to breakdowns, identify faults and problem solve, with minimal downtime to production.
• Carry out diagnosis of faults, maintain and repair all types of plant equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner and return equipment to operational service.
• Estimate length of time required to complete a job and likely consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales.
• Identify and escalate any activity that has the potential to cause harm or damage
• Ensure all work is undertaken to a high quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations.
• Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
• Identify spares requirements and log usage
• Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required and provide feedback.
• Assist with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment
• Make full use of the computerized maintenance management system.
• Fill in job tickets/log completion of work for technical completion in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
• Work within 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) methodology to maintain workplace to a high standard.
• Promote environmental issues and comply to all company procedures relating to safety and environment• participate in mold change and ensure it is completed in the shortest time
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at SIM Plastics Uganda
SIM Plastics Uganda / Kampala
Plant Attendant-Abim District Local Government (Re-Advertisement)
Kampala / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Nairobi / Public Service Commision
Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
Nairobi / Public Service Commision
Grade Operator -Kyenjojo District Local Government
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Mechanical Engineer, Estate And Works
Uganda / Makerere University