Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
LifeNet International is a US-based NGO creating innovative solutions to meet the health challenges that currently face the poor in East Africa. LN operates a health center training network for faith-based facilities here in Uganda. LN provides ongoing medical training to our health center and hospital partners, and we work to make a difference by improving health outcomes for mothers, children and infants. LN aims to improve the quality of care and financial sustainability of our health partners to transform African health care and impact Ugandans in a positive way.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Economy, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field.
2. Related business or management experience (minimum 2 years). Experience in teaching is a plus.
3. Working knowledge of financial management principles.
4. Excellent knowledge of English. Speaking knowledge of Luganda is a plus.
5. Strong knowledge in computer use (Microsoft Office)
6. Willingness to work within and alongside faith-based organizations.
7. Ability to work full-time, 5 days per week, (45+ hours per week)
8. Being immediately available is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
1. Competitive starting salary, including health coverage.
2. Food, accommodation, and transport provided during visits outside of Kampala.
3. Opportunities for professional development through additional skills, training, and access to learning materials.
LN is currently recruiting a Management Trainer (MT) to carry out training of management staff of LN partner health centers. The MT will be responsible for on-site training from the LN standard management curriculum, as well as performing the monitoring and evaluation of subjects taught through the training. The MT reports directly to the Management Team Leader.
Working in the roles of leader and trainer, we need a confident, knowledgeable person that
is also teachable and a desire to improve. In the context of providing training, it is expected
that the LifeNet curriculum will be adhered to at all times, using best practices and evidence based solutions to provide the best up-to-date care possible. For our training style, we are looking for those who are flexible, questioning, friendly and open. As we provide training, we also learn from one another.
Through monitoring and evaluation, the MT will be responsible for measuring the impact of
each training, and will always report the results to the Management Team Leader. The MT will also learn to accept responsibility for generating quarterly reviews and assessments for
our health center partners using LifeNet tools and resources.
This job requires a driven personality, self-motivation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. The work will consist of regular visits outside of Kampala for work projects. On a monthly basis,
the job will require overnight stays outside of Kampala.
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
Luganda (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),