Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Kampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have today left to apply for this job.
This role is responsible for the provision of overall strategic direction for the finance function with a key focus on corporate finance, financial reporting, providing a framework of planning and ensuring that the balance sheet exposure and bottom-line performance are managed efficiently and effectively.
• Master's Degree in either of the following disciplines — Economics, Commerce, Finance, Accounts or Business Administration is a must.
• University Degree with Honours in either of the following disciplines — Economics. Statistics, Commerce, Finance, Accounts, Business Administration or Engineering.
• Must possess a professional Accounting Qualification such as ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, CIPFA or ICAEW and must be a member of ICPAU.
Guidance for Interested-Applicants
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their written applications together with their copies of relevant certified academic credentials transcripts included, curriculum vitae, copy of a valid National Identity Card, list of three referees (on Character and Experience) with their names, details of contact numbers. physical addresses and emails addresses to the following: The Company Secretary, Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited, 4th Floor, Head Office, Plot i0 Hannington Road, P. O. Box, 7625, Kampala.
Applications should be submitted either by: Hand to the Company Secretary at the physical address indicated above OR Online to The Company Secretary, Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited in a single document to: [email protected]not later than, Friday, February 26, 2021 at 5.15 p.m. (East African Time). No applications shall be accepted after the aforementioned deadline.
UETCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to diversity and gender equality. Any canvassing or interference with the selection process by any candidate or a third party connected/affiliated to the applicant will result in the immediate disqualification of the applicant.
The successful candidate for the position will be required to satisfy the requirements below:
Present a Letter of Good Conduct from Interpol.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations of the Company and steer the development and delivery of the Finance Strategy within the overall Corporate Strategy to deliver sustained growth of shareholder value.
• Coordinate the business planning and budgeting initiatives of the Company in respect to its revenue requirements on an annual, medium—term and long—term basis for both Corporate and Projects.
• Responsible for the Company's financial and delivery of the Finance Strategy within the overall Corporate Strategy to deliver sustained growth of shareholder value.
• Coordinate the business planning and budgeting initiatives of the Company in respect to its revenue requirements on an annual, medium—term and long-term basis for both Corporate and Projects.
• Responsible for the Company's financial accounting and reporting requirements and operational financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis.
• Manage the Company's financial risks and develop appropriate controls to minimize exposures to the Company.
• Ensure compliance with applicable statutory codes and accounting principles, regulations, financing agreements and financial reporting framework (IFRS).
• Build and strengthen effective stakeholder management mechanisms including but not limited to regulators, project financiers, banks, sector players, tax authorities, government ministries, agencies & departments, customers. clients and suppliers within the ambit of the Finance Department.
• Ensure compliance to policies, systems and processes to safeguard Company assets.
• Lead the Company tax planning measures in consultation with Management and tax consultants to mitigate exposures.
• Oversee the financial advisory role for the Senior Management team, and staff on management and utilization of the Company's resources.
• Organize, lead and manage the Finance Department in accordance with the Staff Regulations and other Company Polices.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Post-graduate education
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Uganda Electricity Transmission Company
Manager, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company / Kampala
Ruiru / Burn
Kampala / Speedaf
Accounts Payable Assistant
Nairobi / Optica Limited
Senior Accountant-Abim District Local Government (Re-Advertisement)
Uganda / Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Nairobi / Space & Style