Job verified by Fuzu
Kenya Post Office Savings Bank (Postbank) | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Manager/Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Manager/Financial Accounting & ReportingFinance and Strategy Manager
Sub Grants and Contracts Manager
Sub Grants and Contracts Senior Finance Officer
Jobs in Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
PB 4 – KPOSB/F&A/4/18
Reporting to the Head Finance and Accounts, the position is responsible for formulating, implementing and enforcing of accounting and internal control systems. It is also responsible for overall management of the Bank reconciliation’s, suspense accounts reconciliation, and financial reporting. The office holder will be required to prepare accurate, timely and reliable periodic financial reports for external and internal stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Finance or Accounting field.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA or CFA qualification.
• Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya
• ICT Proficiency.
• Experience in leading various multiple teams and ability to work effectively across teams.
• 7 year’s satisfactory service and relevant work experience in Finance & Accounts 3 of which should be at Managerial level.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointments will be for a contractual period of three years, renewable for a similar period of time subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
Applications must be delivered to the Postbank Headquarters situated at Postbank House, 4th Floor; Market Lane Off 17 Banda Street.
• Oversee preparation of financial reports and ensure Banks compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Coordinate preparation of audit schedules in readiness for both the internal and external audit.
• Review internal and external audit reports and critically evaluate findings and recommendations for adoption by Management.
• Oversee the preparation and implementation of the budget and management of fixed asset register and stores.
• Monitor reconciliation of all Cash and Bank accounts, Debtors and Bank tenant’s subsidiary against the general ledger.
• Manage the fixed assets including ensuring that the register is regularly maintained and up to date and in line with the bank’s laid down policies and procedures.
• Supervise, appraise, guide mentor and train staff while ensuring maximum staff productivity.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Accounting; Financial analysis; Financial reporting; CPA certification; Training deliveryRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)