Manager – Independent Review of Objections
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Developing strategies for Independent Review of Objections, coordination of administration and operations of the unit, identify changes for budget review, review of objections, review of the performance of the staff in the unit, and Providing support to the Alternative Dispute Resolution process.
Minimum year of experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Management courses.
- A Masters Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management, resolution and negotiations.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
- 5 years’ experience in tax and or customs administration, 2 of which should be in an entry level management position in a comparable organization.
- Preparation of the units’ work plan and budgets.
- Review of objection applications and offering technical guidance on matters under dispute.
- Offer support to litigation on objections that escalate to appeal.
- Coordinate and manage staff in the section/unit and monitor their performance.
- Devising strategies for stakeholder engagements.
- Review of policies and law and making recommendation for amendments/ improvements.
- Preparing strategic and operational reports for the unit/section.
- Coordination with key stakeholders on matters relating to objections.
- Supporting the Alternative Dispute Resolution function to ensure faster resolution of disputes.
- Monitoring the general performance of the unit/section.
- Oversee the general administration and monitoring compliance of the unit.
- Any other duty as allocated by the Chief Manager.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)