Manager Legal Services – KCAA SCALE 5 REF: CS/02/19
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
To advise and support Management and the Board on all corporate issues pertaining to legal and regulatory framework
• Bachelors’ degree in law
• A relevant Masters’ degree
• Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
• Certified Public Secretary (CPS) and a member of the institute of certified Public Secretary of Kenya in good standing.
• A Current Practicing Certificate.
• Training in Management or Leadership
• Five (5) years’ experience in Company / Corporate Law/Legal Affairs
• Experience in the aviation sector will be an advantage.
1. Providing professional guidance to Management and staff on all legal matters relating to the mandate, functions and operations of the Authority on all areas of law including but not limited to real estate (property), insurance, contracts, litigation, arbitration, Labour/employment matters and statutory/business compliance matters.
2. Handling, coordinating and monitoring all litigation instituted against and on behalf of the Authority and to liaising with the Authority’s external legal counsel to ensure the best results for the Authority in such litigation.
3. Providing professional support in the drafting and the development of legislation including regulations on civil aviation.
4. Contributing to the negotiation, drafting, review and interpretation of contracts/Agreements in which KCAA is a party
5. Liaising on behalf of the Authority with the legal personnel in Government, other state corporations, private sector, regional and international organizations, on legal matters pertaining to civil aviation including lobbying Government to legislate international conventions on Civil Aviation.
6. Participating in the updating of current statutes in the country, (the laws of Kenya) that are maintained in the Legal office of the Authority on a regular basis.
7. Carrying out any other duties relating to laws of the country or civil aviation generally as may be directed by the Manager Legal Services.Required education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)