Manager - Logistics
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 17 days left to apply for this job.
M-KOPA is seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Logistics Manager to join the fast- growing Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the Transportation, Inventory and Import Management of M-KOPA Products in order to to meet the needs of the business for both Kenya, Uganda and any new markets. You will also be required to develop business relationships with suppliers, customers and transportation companies.
• Full accountability and management of all M-KOPA Logistics activity, inclusive of inbound, outbound and within country logistics.
• Proactively manage the minimization of Duty/VAT through engagement with regulatory agencies and internally. This includes receiving, formulating and verifying the required papers and processes as needed to adhere government and tax regulations, rules and polices as well as those of any other required bodies.
• Manage, on an operational basis, all COMESA based suppliers.
• Identify opportunities, develop plans and execute to improve cycle times and reduce cost of service, whether internal or externally provided.
• Collaborate with the Warehouse, Commercial and Planning teams to ensure SLA’s and KPI’s are being met.
• Ownership of all logistic processes, this includes the documentation, continuous improvement, on-going management and adherence.
• Establish appropriate KPI’S for the organization, measure, communicate and drive improvements.
• Provide clear status on all inbound/outbound freight daily as well as provide weekly /monthly tracking reports on all KPI’s. This means organising work schedules and issuing shipping instructions to ensure delivery times and locations are coordinated. This will also include track and trace management so as to monitor goods at all times.
• Manage team and individual performance. Providing coaching and development of team members.
• Conducting investigations for the organization import judicial rules, regulations and standard policies and upholding his/her familiarity with tariffs and licenses. This also includes updating himself/herself about the various rules, policies and programs of customs alongside upholding compliance with policies and procedures of the organization.
• Actively participate with the Operations Team to meet the necessary service levels and business requirements.
• Be an engaged leader with the rest of the organization, stepping up to assist as needed across functionally.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• 5+ years experience in Logistics/ Import Management field.
• Demonstrated experience in Warehouse, Logistics, Supply Planning, Import Management, Inventory Management and Returns Management.
• Operational experience in supply chain systems and tools, along with a practical experience with MS office.
• Demonstrated ability to manage data and analyse for trends/issues.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functional.
• Experience leading teams of people of various disciplines and skill levels.
• In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Logistics management and warehouse performance to meet KPI’s.
• Demonstrated Management experience of distributed teams.
• Position requires 10% - 20% travel.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Stock taking and inventory accounting; Import logistics and custom handling; Logistics planning and management; Big data and data analytics; Freight forwarding; Logistics information systems; Supply and demand planning; Supplier evaluation and management; Warehouse management; Stock and inventory managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)