Manager of Data Quality (Rwanda & Kenya)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 3 days left to apply for this job.
Launched in 2012 in Rwanda, African Entrepreneur Collective has worked with more than 25,000 small business and refugee entrepreneurs across by offering them a comprehensive suite of business tools, trainings, consulting, and access to affordable finance. African Entrepreneur Collective, a social enterprise with 140 staff in 10 offices, AEC serves more than 10,000 entrepreneurs a year.
AEC 's two main affiliates -- Inkomoko in Rwanda and AEC Kenya - each run various programs to support micro, small and medium enterprises, and with a combination of grant funding and earned revenue, we ensure that our offerings are meeting the needs of our clients, whether large international donors or the smallest of refugee entrepreneurs.
In 2021, AEC is opening three new offices in Kenya and Ethiopia, and in 2022, AEC will expand to Lebanon and Jordan.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Lead continual improvements in collecting and managing company data, including working closely with the IT department and others to ensure smooth flow of data within company systems.
- Ensure data collection policies are ethical and meet standards of working with vulnerable populations and human data collection protocols, managing any registration for data collection with local authorities
- Ensure data and privacy protections for all content
- Set policies and protocols for all company and client data
- Coordinate with any third party vendors and consultants for data collection.
- Ensure safe and accessible storage of data in company technology systems (Odoo, CommCare, and other company technologies), and establish processes for these systems to “talk” to one another.
- Design data collection and data quality assessment (DQA) systems, tools, and processes ensuring adequate reliable information to generate statistically significant insights
- Design questionnaires, tools, and other data measurement processes
- Work with Program leads to ensure that the data collection tools meet the end-reporting needs of various departments, and modify as necessary.
- Work with Manager of Data Analytics to constantly feed new data to analysts for insights/reporting
- Work with department managers to develop M&E plans for new programs to meet reporting and learning requirements
- Create theories of change for all new programs, and design data collection and reporting processes for each program.
- Develop, design and carry out surveys to reach company reporting goals
- Supervise the collection of data, ensuring accuracy of the process and minimum number of responses for statistically significant analysis
- Use new modern data collection methods such as Interactive Voice Recording (IVR), Mobile phone surveys, GPS tracking, to ensure robust, comprehensive, accurate, and timely data collection
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for the programs that will ensure timely analysis
- Work with the Manager of Analytics to follow up and correction of suspicious data (errors or outliers) and share accurate data for analysis.
- Manage M&E staff to implement the data collection plans and tools (surveys, focus groups)
- Train and support M&E staff (Advisors, Associates, and Enumerators) on data collection and quality
- Development and management of focus groups studies for quantitative analysis
- Analyze and create improvements on data collection systems, including engaging with third-party vendors and external evaluators
- Project management for successful M&E data collection, on-time and within budget
- Manage a subset of the M&E team to build a world-class team who meet global standards of evaluation support, including hiring, reviews, and constructive feedback.
- Serve as part of the Management team, providing advice and support on M&E data plans
- Work closely with Directors and Managers to ensure that the data systems are reliable and accessible to those who need them.
- Technical skills in data collection, tool development and data management protocols
- English required, plus either Kinyarwanda or Swahili
- Experience managing teams of enumerators
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines – must be strategic and operational
- 6+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Advanced degree preferred
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high quality work and be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
- Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
- Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others to take risks. Be compassionate and inclusive.
- Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoka (We are together): Take time to appreciate colleagues, celebrate success, and hold each other up in hard times. We eat goat.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 7 years
Required languages: Kinyarwanda (Spoken: basic | Written: basic)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
3 days left to apply
African Entrepreneur Collective
African Entrepreneur Collective works with local entrepreneurs so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs. AEC has 140 staff in offices in: - Rwanda (Kigali and Musanze) - Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab, Kakuma) Working with 14,000 entrepreneurs in 2020, AEC is poised to grow with new offices in Kenya in 2021, providing training, consulting, and access to affordable finance. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Meet your new colleagues
3 days left to apply