Fuzu Exclusive Job
Sanivation | Naivasha, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Market Assessment Consultant
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
We are hiring a three-month consultant to explore new market opportunities for Sanivation’s growth. The ideal candidate for this role has experience with market assessments, segmentation, and data collection and analysis, with a strong emphasis on communicating results and making strategic decisions based on data. This consultant role will be extremely flexible in process and location.
The goal for this consultancy is to deliver a better understanding of the large institutions market demand for sanitation interventions in Kenya.. Large institutions are private companies that must bear the cost of sanitation for their employees, this includes but is not limited to: tea & coffee plantations, mines, large farms, ect.
This consultancy will focus on the creation of a final deliverable report and presentation including market potential, current practices with costing, clear benefits and risk, and details as to how Sanivation could enter this market.
This role will report directly to the co-founder and CTO at Sanivation. Depending on candidates’ ability and quality of deliverables, there is potential to work on further market assessments for business expansion opportunities, or to grow the private sector engagements at Sanivation. Required Experience
• Degree in business development field
• Minimum 5-year work experience in market assessment for business development
• Work in Kenya with large private industries (such as coffee, tea, etc.)
• Experience in using market assessment process and tools
• Experience in business modeling to evaluate business opportunity and partnerships
• Fluent in English and Swahili
• Ability to work independently and yet part of a larger team
• Excellence in communication, both verbally and written
• Proven strong data collection and data analysis capacity
Phase 1: Preparation- 1- 2 weeks.
• Clear understanding of Sanivation’s model and history with institutions
• Agreed upon clear methodology, tools, and deliverables for this work
Phase 2: Landscape Analysis- 4 weeks.
• Detailed current status of sanitation and fuel demand in private institutions in Kenya.
• This includes: scale, market segments, current sanitation and fuel problems and expenditures within the institutional market
Phase 3: Evaluation of Sanivation intervention – 4 weeks
• Visiting and collecting case study data on key potential customers within identified market segments
• Pros and cons of current practice and the potential impact that the intervention could have; conduct cost-benefit analysis
Phase 4: Business modeling – 2 weeks
• Business model options for partnering with institutions
Phase 5: 1 - 2 weeks
• Final analysis for market potential and options for Sanivation working within the private sector space in Kenya and East Africa
Potential expansion of work: 1 month
• Developing a report on clear methodology for collecting and evaluating market assessment data.
• Providing key excel templates for organizing data
• Training Sanivation team on market assessment methodology Personal Attributes
• Passion for social change and the environment
• Comfort with ambiguity, risk and change; we are a startup building something completely new, so the road will be bumpy and exciting
• Confidence in data and numbers. Recommendations backed by facts and quantified data
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NaivashaArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Business strategy; Data collection; User research; Industry standards; Management and business consulting; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply