Job verified by Fuzu
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (Uganda) | Entebbe, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Market Development and Training Officer
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Sales, marketing, promotion
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries received funding from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to support government of Uganda’s efforts to attain rice self-sufficiency through “Enhancing National Food Security through Increased Rice Production (ENRP) Project.” The project will contribute to the increase in production, marketing and consumption of rice for improved Nutrition, Food Security and Incomes in Uganda as well as support, build and strengthen the institutional and technical capacities, for sustained agricultural growth that contributes to the poverty alleviation and food security.
The Market Development and Training Officer will be tasked with the coordination of community mobilization and Capacity Building and Institutional Development of the community, Farmer Groups for rice value chain.
Applicants should fill Public Service Commission (PSC) Form 3 (2008) here:http://psc.go.ug/downloads, in triplicate and attach certified copies of academic certificates and testimonials, appointment letters as evidence of working experience and two referees, one of whom must be a current or previous employer and most recent passport photographs. Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, and delivered to the Open Registry.
- Formulate and implement a business development plan for the Ugandan and Regional markets in consultation with the Project Coordinator to achieve business goals.
- Research the market and identify new business opportunities and develop a thorough product knowledge and local market business intelligence.
- Respond to queries regarding the project, rice quality, rice market in a timely manner.
- Identify high potential strategic partnerships in all sectors and link them with ENRP for future opportunities and relationships
- Develop an internal reports and documentation system.
- Actively participate in industry forums, relevant meetings and conferences as a representative of the ENRP.
- Engaging with non-implementing stakeholders who can help drive demand, such as government, development agencies, educational institutes, industry associations, corporate HR and more
- Advocating and networking to maintain a high personal profile within relevant circles and groups including attending/speaking at events
- Determine the training and capacity building needs of stakeholders especially farmers, and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Consultants and other PIU members in implementation of community mobilization, identification of stakeholders; assessment of irrigation needs, drumming-up community support for improved services, and irrigation and drainage awareness campaigns.
- Liaise with Busowa Coop Ltd, Ms. Pearl Rice Ltd. and Local Authorities in setting up Water User Associations Authorities and other organized farmer groups.
- Monitoring and providing support to Water User Associations and Private Partners in operation and management of the irrigation Schemes. Assist in compiling of monthly reports to the PIU/Directorate of Crop Resources
- Participate in documentation of experiences learnt in the sub-sector for use in the other Water for Agricultural Production sub-sector
- Promote Gender activities on the project in line with the agricultural sector gender and youth mainstreaming strategy.
- Spearhead the promotion of the Rice Value Chains in the Project locations.
- Develop and implement agribusiness plans in the project locations for building the capacities of beneficiaries and support transforming into economically viable legal entities such as Limited Liability Companies.
- Work with M&E unit and media to disseminate domestic and world market prices of Rice.
- Facilitate linkages of local farmers and farmer associations to public & private organizations, including financial institutions.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be instructed by the Supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: EntebbeArea of work
: Sales, marketing, promotionSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Business development; Partnerships; Training program planning; Documentation and record keeping; Agriculture and natural resources; MarketingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply