MARKET EXPANSION REPRESENTATIVE
Salary range: from KSh25,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 26 days left to apply for this job.
Ensuring accurate early market analysis, acquisition of tower buildings with clear documentation and early adoption of all new areas that poa! launches into. Combining community interaction, branding and launching of UKO poa! sites.
This position is responsible for implementing market expansion strategies as well as building and sustaining key relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including key state officers, local government officials, community leaders, organised community groups members, customers and potential tower hosting building owners including their caretakers. The role’s goal is to ensure that all building contracting activities are done as per process and early enough to support tower, MTU, UKO poa! service, community projects and other network works for smooth and efficient network launch
None; Profitable negotiating and contracting buildings for new network areas
Key SMART Results for A-Player Success
- Ensure a final "Go/No Go" market assessment in any new area to ensure all desktop, technical and research-based analysis is complemented with on-the-ground validation.
- Understand and communicate the “informal community dynamics” by getting deep into each community and their leaders and understanding the challenges and opportunities for poa!.
- Ensure the lowest cost per tower commercial deals for all deployments of the network by negotiating within the constraints set by the company to ensure the best value commercial deals for the business at all times both on the supplier and customer side.
- Ensure that all major Sambazas in a new community are identified, known and conversations have been held with all about the wholesale provision of capacity to them.
- Preferably sign at least one Sambaza before handover to the sales team
- Play a lead role in identifying and contracting strategic businesses in high footfall areas for UKO poa! service and schools/institutions for free internet.
- Accurate and daily periodic performance reporting of network expansion activities including findings and insights that shape expansion strategies.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks, and manage time effectively
- Poarean attitude - POA VALUES all over them
- Be a self-starter capable of taking on a role with minimal supervision and guidance and delivering them through to a successful conclusion
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledgeable in how local authority, government and communities run their affairs with an appreciation of minimum legal requirements affecting relationships of the role
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to own and manage both internal and external communication
- Must have worked in fast-growing tech services sector with not less than 2-year experience in market expansion and community-related work - new market acquisition, market analysis and research
- Must have a minimum of a college Diploma qualification and above
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 2 years
Required languages: Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate - the official certificate for your highest education
26 days left to apply
Poa Internet is a multi-award-winning and highly innovative Internet Service Provider (ISP) whose vision is to connect every home across Africa to the internet. We are already one of the fastest-growing ISP's in Kenya and are backed by Venture Capital partners to allow us to scale rapidly; our teams will not stop pushing forwards until we achieve this mission. Do you want to join us? Why work at poa!? "Fast-paced"," ever-changing", "multicultural", "vibrant", "exciting" and "a little bit crazy" are just a few of the many words that describe what it's like working at poa! We are a people-centric organisation that champions curiosity, continuous learning and high standards across everything we do. We value our customers and go the extra mile to make sure we deliver an excellent service to the communities we serve. We are firm but fair and transparent at all levels of the company. You will be kept on your toes with no time to snooze… but fear not, for we love to reward those who deliver!
Meet your new colleagues
26 days left to apply