The holder of this role is responsible for all trade and trade related aspects of the East Africa grain with particular emphasis on client relationships, full accountability for PNL and Position, allowing for best possible execution, research, and providing market information and analysis.
1. Responsibility to build and maintain current and new business
2. This role is a key driver of the East Africa PNL
3. The individual’s mandate is to generate value and PNL for LDC by driving profit in
the grains PNL for LDC in East Africa. The individual is required to build strong client relationships, facilitate the sale of cargo, and ensure that sales are executed in the most profitable manner.
4. Oversight & commercial follow up on local distribution. Work across functions in country and abroad (inc. the Hub) to coordinate the business flow.
5. Train a junior member of the team.
6. Full accountability for the grains P&L including costings
7. Problem solve client matters on a daily basis
8. Analyse and report on the market by presenting monthly market reports and daily market analysis
9. Input into the annual budget