Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
The Abyssinia Group of Industries is the largest steel producer in East Africa with capacity in excess of 350,000 metric tons per annum. Using mineral resources from its own mining operations in Homa Bay County, the Abyssinia Group is the first Integrated Steel plant in East Africa.
To provide innovative product solutions to the construction industry and its changing needs by recruiting, developing and retaining outstanding people in a transparent and ethical manner that will help grow the East African region.
As a materials manager you will be responsible for managing inventory and purchasing procedures of raw materials and other supplies within a company.
You will collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs, purchase supplies and materials according to specifications and coordinate and supervise receiving procedures.
Qualifications for Materials Manager
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery
- Establishes procedures and supervises the annual physical inventory
- Supervise, evaluate and coach staff members
- Interfaces with product line coordinators and maintain optimum inventory levels and forecasting of Production orders to meet on time shipments
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions
- 3+ years' experience in logistics role or related experience
- Ability to lead team members
- Customer service-oriented
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Knowledgeable of forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to solve problems swiftly
- Working knowledge of SAP MM
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself