The position holder is expected to provide general nursing care to Maternity patients.
Qualification & requirements
• Diploma from a recognized school of nursing or University
• Post basic diploma in relevant field will be an added advantage.
• Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya
• 2-4 years of continuous clinical nursing experience in a maternity unit
• Basic computer skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in English and Basic computer skills.
• To provide safe and compassionate care to patients and family.
• Assess patients and develop care plans based on patients’ needs.
• Document and validate all assessment data in the appropriate charts.
• Safely administer and monitor medications given.
• Demonstrate appropriate practice on infection prevention and control.
• Prepare for and assist Doctors to perform various procedures within the scope of practice.
• Prepare the patient for various diagnostic tests within the scope of practice.
• Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching.
• Provide safe environment for patients, family and stakeholders.
• Participate in continual nursing education and quality improvement.
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Exercise team work and collaboration in all spheres of practice.
• Provide care with respect and dignity.
• Demonstrate a high level of dignity and trust.
• Be responsible and accountable for own practice.
• Adhere to professional standards and ethics as required by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: