MCK Regional Coordinator
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Director of Media Training & Development, the MCK Regional Coordinator will oversee activities to ensure MCK presence and that media standards are met in designated area of jurisdiction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Studies, Business or other related field.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Management, Operations, Administration, Field Services or related field.
Skills and competencies:
- Conversant with Media Council Act, 2013
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Performance Management to optimize employee productivity.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Analytical mind and strong data analysis skills.
- Act as liaison to strengthen MCK capacity in the designated region and support Media Practitioners to comply with the MCK’s Code of Conduct and report misdemeanour (s) to head office to action;
- Ensure county governments and other Institutions operating in area of respect and uphold the practice of Journalism and free expression;
- Process accreditation requests for onward transmission to head office;
- Manage and monitor resource utilization to leverage available capacities and rationalize regional operations and functions such as Customer Service and Media Analyst for cost efficiencies and the common good of Media enterprises;
- Convene regular business meetings to assess performance and review emerging issues for head office attention;
- Network with county governments and other agencies operating in area of jurisdiction for information that could facilitate the achievement of MCK’s mission of safeguarding media freedom through advocacy and sensitization;
- Guide, coach and supervise direct reportees to ensure high performance, discipline, team spirit;
- Represent MCK and participate in meetings of Stakeholders as necessary;
- Prepare and present performance reports.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),