Job verified by Fuzu
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Limited (UEGCL) | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Engineering, architecture
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Mechanical EngineerSales Engineer
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
Skills Geographic Kenya (SGK)
Service Desk Engineer
Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited
Jobs in Engineering, architectureMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
Interested persons should address their applications with copies of certified academic testimonials and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses. The maximum age limit for these positions is 35years. Applicants for the graduate trainees positions should have graduated not earlier than 2016 and must have a maximum qualification of a second upper Degree.
Applications should physically be delivered to the above mentioned office. The deadline for receipt of applications is 19th March 2018.
He/She will ensure that the Mechanical elements in the power plant run smoothly to generate power. He checks Mechanical machines and machine components, tests their efficiency and makes repairs wherever necessary and suggests improvement to machines for better performance. The Mechanical engineer shall have a wide engineering knowledge base and keep abreast with the latest developments in the field to enable him/her to evaluate the condition of Mechanical machines, diagnosing problems and where possible propose improvements changes. He/she shall supervise the team of Mechanical technicians, electricians and fitters based at site and allot maintenance responsibilities while making sure that all safety procedures are adhered to.
1. Maintain 24/7 Plant power generation operation while focusing on safe, efficient, reliable maintenance and operation of equipment to ensure quality power supply to the Grid.
2. Mechanical troubleshooting with objective of preventive maintenance and Repair of mechanical equipment.
3. Planning and execution of the preventative maintenance programs, initiation of measures to improve the reliability of the equipment.
4. Develop a continuous improvement culture in the maintenance of the power plant using engineering principles.
5. Keep plant/equipment performance and repair records to enable quality assessment and work with vendors to source replacement parts that perform more reliably and at the same time to substitute OEM parts with more economical options, designing and testing improved parts, updating older electronics that are no longer supported by manufacturers to improve equipment functionality.
6. Under the direction of the Mechanical Maintenance Manager, Identify need and make proposals for capital projects including identifying scope, cost, milestones, etc.
7. Provide hands-on leadership to a team of Mechanical Technicians, Electricians and workers under him in all aspects of their work.
8. Serves as a key resource for safety related issues with the goal of meeting/exceeding OSHA requirements for a safe workplace.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Engineering, architectureSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Mechanical drawings; Tool operation and maintenance; Work place safety; Troubleshooting; EngineeringRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)