Mechanical Engineering Fellow
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 12 days left to apply for this job.
BURN is currently seeking a mission driven candidate to serve a 12-month term as Mechanical Engineer Fellow in our manufacturing facility in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mechanical engineering background
- Mechanical aptitude: ability totroubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling
- Familiarity with basic shopmachines and tools: manual mill, lathe, drill press
- Solidworks CAD skills: able toread drawings and complete basic design work
- Familiarity with basic metrologyas it applies to our stove parts and tooling
- Welding and fabrication skills arepreferable
- Electrical control system basicsis desirable
- High level organizational skills
- Works well in team setting with line employeesand technicians
General areas of engagement include:
Work with the product development team on design for manufacturability and robustness.
Development of manufacturing processes, including tools for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Trouble shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical and hydraulic presses, shears, spot welders and drill presses.
Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents
Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Computer aided design (CAD); Mechanical drawings; Research and development; CNC machine operations; Metal work; Machining (drilling, grinding, turning, etc.); Brazing, soldering (metal works); WeldingRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),