Mechanical Engineering Fellow
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type:
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
BURN is currently seeking a mission driven candidate to serve a 12-month term as Mechanical Engineer Fellow in our manufacturing facility in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Mechanical engineering background
- Mechanical aptitude: ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical issues with production equipment and tooling
- Familiarity with basic shop machines and tools: manual mill, lathe, drill press
- Solidworks CAD skills: able to read drawings and complete basic design work
- Familiarity with basic metrology as it applies to our stove parts and tooling
- Welding and fabrication skills are preferable
- Electrical control system basics is desirable
- High level organizational skills
- Works well in team setting with line employees and technicians
General areas of engagement include:
Work with the product development team on design for manufacturability and robustness.
Development of manufacturing processes, including tools for fabrication, assembly, finishing, and infrastructural materials, among others.
Trouble shooting production issues and further refining the production system. This often requires creativity and resourcefulness to keep the factory running while waiting for proper repairs or components.
Take a leadership role in bringing up new production lines.
Evaluation, maintenance and repair of factory equipment including mechanical and hydraulic presses, shears, spot welders and drill presses.
Creating and editing SOP’s and QC inspection documents
Work closely with and help to train QC inspectors, technicians and production personnel in enhancing the quality and manufacturability of our product
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),