Job verified by Fuzu
County Government of Makueni | Makueni, Makueni, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Medical Laboratory Technologist III
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Medical, health
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Medical Laboratory Technologist IIIFamily Physician
Aga Khan Development Network
Claims Assessor Group Life
Jubilee Insurance KE
Assistant Branch Manager-Kakamega
Kenyatta National Hospital
Jobs in Medical, healthMid-Level jobsJobs located in Makueni, Makueni
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16 th February, 2018.
(i) Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
• The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board;
• Be a registered member of Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB);
• Certificate in computer applications skills;
• Possess a valid practice license from KMLTTB;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
This is the entry and training grade for Diploma holders. An office at this level will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior and experienced officer Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: -
• Decontaminating working benches;
• Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens;
• Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
• Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering of specimens;
• Disaggregating specimens for processing and analyses;
• Preparing reagents; examining specimens;
• Writing and recording of results;
• Dispatching the results for use in clinical management;
• Preparing stains;
• Performing blood grouping;
• Issuing blood and blood products to peripheral Health facilities;
• Storing blood products according to their requirements;
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Makueni, MakueniArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Public health; Research planning; Laboratory operation; Specimen collection; Documentation and record keepingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)