Job verified by Fuzu
Kenyatta National Hospital | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Medical Specialist II- Orthopaedic
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Medical, health
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
• Masters Degree in Medicine (Mmed) or Surgery from the University of Nairobi or any other recognized University.
• At least one sub-specialization or interest in the respective specialty.
• Proven experience of not less than one (1) year at the level of Medical Specialist.
• Specialist Recognition and retention Certificate from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board of Kenya.
• Evidence of research and at least two (2) professional publications in reputable local or international journals on particular scientific findings/practices in the relevant field
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and MUST submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form http://knh.or.ke/vacancies/2017/aug/KNH_Applicational_Form-rev.pdf with copies of certificates and testimonials
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
The Medical Specialist II will be responsible to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department and will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Performing clinical procedures and making decisions on patients’ management in the area of specialization.
Conducting regular Ward Rounds.
Responding to consultations from other clinical specialties.
Conducting specialist out-patient clinics.
Participating in assessment of patients as may be required by the Hospital Management.
Participating in research, teaching and supervising the performance of both medical and non-medical staff as well as post-graduate students.
Participating in preparation of annual budgets for the department
Participating in Administrative activities of the department.
Participating in delivery of hospital strategic plan and performance contract.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: General medicine; Budgeting, financial planning; Business strategy; Supervision; Public health; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply