Medical Support Fund Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
We work alongside several institutions and hospitals that offer conventional cancer treatments such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and surgery. We aim to take our patients beyond medical treatment by offering them a holistic approach to coping with the challenges of cancer.
COMPETENCIES- Functional Skills and Capabilities
• Experience within the non-profit/NGO sector.
• High level of professionalism, initiative, energy, creativity, and flexibility.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
• Data entry and knowledge in Microsoft office package.
• Team player and excellent leadership qualities.
• Proactive and dependable.
• Well-developed decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organization skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Negotiation skills
• Carry out a thorough background evaluation of each patient requesting for financial assistance before completing the financial and social assessment form. Maintain confidentiality of every patient’s treatment plan and financial needs.
• Analytically review the completed forms for each case to determine whether or not to recommend the case considering the Faraja Criteria. Send the cases to the panel in time and present the cases to the panel during the panel meeting.
• Notify patients, caregivers and their doctors of the approval status in an appropriate manner and setting.
• Ensure that the agenda, minutes and reports are sent to the committee and trustees within the stipulated timeframe.
• Keep a detailed account and conduct a thorough follow up with all applicants of the Faraja Medical Support Fund. Ensure that all applicants access the complementary therapies and keep a record in the database. Update the committee on their progress.
• Advance positive interpersonal relationship with doctors and hospitals. Engage the doctors managing the patients to understand their medical information.
• Initiate, establish and have a solid understanding of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with different types of hospitals within Kenya where patients receive treatment.
• Identify and establish a referral system between Faraja, the public health care system and private sector.
• Coordinate with the Fundraising Manager, Patient Support Manager and Finance & Administration Manager in matters relating to patients supported by Faraja.
• Ensure all patients information is inputted in the Faraja Financial Database. Collaborate with the Faraja IT firm and confirm that the Financial Database is always up to date.
• Bachelors’ degree in Health-related discipline, Sociology or Social Sciences.
• Certificate or Diploma in Accounting, Masters in a Social Science course would be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3-year experience in a hospital or patient-centered organization
• Basic accounting and budgeting is an added advantage
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
4 days left to apply
Faraja Cancer Support Trust
The Faraja Cancer Support Trust was founded in 2010 with the aim of providing emotional, practical and healing support to anyone affected by cancer. We offer cancer patients and their carers information, complementary therapies, support groups and financial assistance for needy patients. We work alongside several institutions and hospitals that offer conventional cancer treatments such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy and surgery. We aim to take our patients beyond medical treatment through offering them a holistic approach to coping with the challenges of cancer.
Meet your new colleagues
4 days left to apply