Merchandizer - Nanyuki
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 9 days left to apply for this job.
About the role
The Merchandizer is responsible for the day-to-day operation and customer service of assigned stores. Key responsibilities include executing merchandising strategies, analyzing sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs, collaborating with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time-scales.
About the company
Brown’s Food Co. is a premium food business that produces cheese, yoghurt, ice cream & baked goods to East Africa. Our mission is to craft wholesome and delicious foods from Nature’s Bounty. We purchase locally grown produce and turn it into value- added premium products.
Our values include
Strategy: the business model is to be a diversified food business in East Africa. As such, this role is strategically poised to be responsible for the supply chain, processing efficiencies &
efficient distribution of the products across the Region. We produce 8 main cheese lines, 2 cracker lines – gluten & gluten free, 2 frozen lines dairy and non-dairy, and 2 dip lines – dairy & non-dairy. We recently produced a new cheese brand which is positioned as a value brand adding sales volume at a lower margin for us. We are also opening a chain or our own cheese stores/deli that allows us to continue to strengthen the brand and cross market our new products.
Trends: The economy is expected to be relatively slow and the environment continues to be increasingly competitive. There is movement towards consumers wanting to know the origin of their food and look towards healthier options allows us to position ourselves as a premium healthy choice in several food segments. We believe this positioning will enable us to gain market share with the strength of our brand name behind us.
Consumers: Our customers expect a product of the highest quality from us. They expect us to deliver it on time and many times require product customization to meet their specs.
• Manage daily activities to improve sales performance
• Respond to queries and complaints from both customer and the internal team.
• Interact politely with clients while solving problems related to sales, dissatisfied service and issues regarding store operation.
• Develop sales promotion programs to attract more customers.
• Maximising customer awareness and interest and sales levels by displaying products appropriately.
• Building constructive customer relationships and team-up with channel partners to build pipelines and close deals.
• Preparing and submitting key reports, as and when required.
• Ensure that products are properly labeled with prices and dates.
• Monitor and maintain stock inventory levels to avoid over/under stock concerns.
• Maintaining FIFO is adhered to in the designated outlets
• Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damages or spoilages.
• Operate all food preparation machines and equipment.
• Receive, unload and stock the food items.
• Ensure that facility is maintained neat, clean and safe
• Follow retail store policies and procedures as well as those of Brown’s food co.
• Provide training to new staff member on company policies and sales guidelines
• Carry out market surveys of customers in designated outlets from time to time
• Planning and developing merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives
• Analysing sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock
• Remaining up to date with industry’s best practices
Qualifications And Experience Required
- BSc. Degree or Diploma in any related field
- Proven working experience in merchandising
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target
audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision-making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Organized and capable of multi-tasking with attention to detail
1. Sales tied to targets
2. Stock accountabilityOther dimensions are:
- Deliver on clean, neat counter appearance
- Deliver on training of new employees when necessary
- Deliver on excellent customer service
- Deliver on accurate stock
- Effective and timely reports to Management
2. Market Complexity
The cheese market in Kenya is relatively small & estimated at 1.5 billion. It is increasing with more and more people moving to the City & eating cheese through mostly pizza consumption. Brown’s Food Co. has an estimated 27% market share.
3. Leadership Responsibilities
This role is the face of the brand. You will interface directly with customers, employees, department managers, to ensure the brand name is represented well throughout our stores. You are accountable for all stock at the assigned store so you must be able to manage stocktakes.
· Managing Directors
·Retail store managers + team(external)
· Production team at factory
· Sales Manager
Barriers to Success in Role
· Inability to maintain a friendly dynamic engaged relationship with the retail outlet team.
· Inability to be able to be self-motivated to work without closed supervision.
· Not able to manage weekly stock accurately
The job is based in Nyanyuki at assigned stores. From time to time you may be required to cover another sales person. You may travel upcountry or coast if the need arises. Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
9 days left to apply