Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
The role of the Maintenance engineer will primarily involve checking, repairing and servicing machinery and equipment. You will also be responsible for designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods. The role will be in Kampala, Uganda but we will ensure for smooth transition. Please do not hesitate to apply if you are qualified. Benefits are negotiable.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree in BEng in a relevant subject such as Electrical and electronic engineering, Manufacturing engineering, Mechanical engineering ,Production engineering.
- Atleast 5 years experience in maintaining machinery in the manufacturing sector. Experience in the Pharmaceutical production industry is an added advantage
- Capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- Good diagnostic, improvisation, innovation and problem-solving skills
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- People management skills
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working efficiently
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with other departments on matters of maintenance/engineering.
- Installation of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Installation of new machinery
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)