Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
The Water TrustUganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
The Water Trusts seeks an early-career monitoring and evaluation professional with excellent organizational skills and a strong fluency with data and technology. This role will provide support to the Program team in all phases of the monitoring and evaluation process (planning, implementing, validating, and reporting.) This position will report to the Program Manager and will be supporting the program team directly through the Senior Community Development Officers and Construction and Maintenance Supervisors in monitoring and evaluating their social and technical programming. This position will have a dotted line to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in development studies, international relations, public health, nutrition, statistics, rural development, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum one-year experience of working in a relief or development agency.
- Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection activities (surveys, assessments, monitoring, evaluations, etc.)
- Fluency in speaking English, Runyoro, Luo, Kiswahili is required.
- Ability to write very high quality reports in English is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
- Basic working knowledge of statistical packages (e.g., SPSS, STATA, R) is preferred but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel is required.
- Experience of managing and training a team of 4-10 people (e.g., enumerators) preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of ODK, mWater or other mobile data collection software.
- Preferred understanding of log frames, M&E plans, and indicators.
- Detailed-oriented with ability to verify data quality.
- Communicates with integrity to different stakeholders (strong interpersonal skills).
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships Inspires trust within/outside of the organization.
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability with stakeholders.
- Stays open to internal and external feedback.
- Agrees with the mission, vision and core values of The Water Trust.
- Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, risk taking, initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues Adherence to TWT Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Valid riding license is required.
- Support the Program team with implementing The Water Trust's monitoring and evaluation systems and processes of historical and current project sites.
- Orient staff and community volunteers on monitoring and evaluation tools, conduct desk reviews, phone checks, and site visits to validate information, and make recommendations for improvements to tools, processes, and systems.
- Lead the process of validating that hard copies and soft copies of data are appropriately filed.
- Provide support to the Program team and volunteers on Information and Communications Technologies (ICTs), such as the software used for data collection and the use of Excel for project planning and analysis.
- Assist the Program team with resolving issues identified by the M&E Officer, and compiling reports required by The Water Trust and donors.
- Undertake data collection activities, quantitative and qualitative, in the field as needed, including use of mobile ICTs for data collection, note taking for focus group discussions, and writing reports to summarize findings and recommendations.
- Analyse and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the field level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with staff and stakeholders.
- Assist the WASH program team in site selection and selection of community volunteers to support data collection.
- Under supervision of the ME& Officer, clean and compile data from surveys using relevant and appropriate computer packages and support baseline, midterm and end of term evaluations of programmes.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 12 months
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at The Water Trust
Human Resources and Administration Officer
The Water Trust / Kampala
Uganda / Raising The Village
INTERN - Policy, Legislation and Governance Section (PLGS)
Nairobi / United Nations
Programme Policy Officer (Relief, Livelihoods, Resilience & Climate Change), NOB Nairobi
Nairobi / World Food Programme
Intern – Drylands Resilience Programme
Nairobi / International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)