Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Musana tackles poverty through an integrated, holistic approach, using income-generating projects as a catalyst for change, bringing economic and social development together. Led and envisioned by locals, we build quality infrastructure for social enterprises focused on health and education. All profits from our enterprises are invested back into the community through education, health, and economic development initiatives that include school scholarships, community workshops, medical assistance, microloans, and more skills training for the most vulnerable. Our projects include two nursery and primary schools, a vocational high school, a health center, a skill and business training program for women, merchandise production, a guesthouse, and a restaurant. All of Musana’s initiatives work together to create a movement of sustainable solutions that are transforming the community of Iganga.
Educational and Professional Requirements
• The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, computer science or relevant discipline.
• At least three years’ experience in design, development and implementation of M&E of community development projects.
• Knowledge and experience in qualitative and quantitative data management techniques including proficient and skillful use of SPSS, STATA, EXCEL, Epi-info Software.
• Experience in data collection, analysis and storage for project M&E.
• Experience using cloud based database systems like Salesforce is an added advantage.
• Experience in collecting data from rural communities.
• Experience working with an international development organization and knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines and tools for M&E.
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
• Strong computer skills are highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good communication, leadership, organization and management skills.
• Knowledge of best practice monitoring and evaluation practices and principles for education, health and women empowerment projects.
• Basic knowledge of Lusoga preferred.
• Tasked with the development of periodic M&E tools, indicators, frameworks, work plans and budgets and their implementation.
• Ensure that Musana Community Development Organization (MCDO) has a sound M&E system that is in sync with the project and organization-wide core values by updating data on performance indicators.
• Support and coordinate efficient data collection, analysis and reporting on performance indicators by team members.
• Developing data quality assurance strategies.
• Develop and maintain Information Management System (MIS) through Salesforce that is linked to all MCDO projects and departments.
• Include in the overall M&E plan, a periodic process for intentional learning and data quality to improve MCDO operations quality.
• Promote accountability through routine, accurate collection and reporting of information that confirms status of MCDO activities based on results framework/results chain.
• Work closely with the data officers and with MCDO departmental heads to create needed templates and improve on existing ones.
• Set up and maintain an archiving system through Dropbox for MCDO documents and work with administration to ensure these are available and filed.
• Support the expansion of mobile data collection approaches and platforms within MCDO.
• Compile and prepare materials for conducting surveys and assessments.
• Provide ready access to all data and analyses for organizational reports and publications.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time. Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Quality management; Data collection; Research planning; Project management information systems; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)