Job verified by Fuzu
Norwegian Refugee Council | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The Regional Office is based in Nairobi, Kenya with offices and operations in Somalia (Puntland, Somaliland and Mogadishu), Kenya (Dadaab and Kakuma ), Ethiopia (Addis Ababa, Dolo Ado, Shire,Gambella and Asosa), South Sudan (Juba, Awil, Alek and Aweril) and Yemen (Sa’naa and Aden).
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counseling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab.
The position will oversee the overall design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and procedures and ensure that all aspects of M&E system are adhered to.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will report to the Area Manager - Dadaab.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
• Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
• Support and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidance and tools.
• Participate in programme design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
• Support programme staff in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use.
• Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in programme development, adjustment or review.
• Contribute to organisational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports.
• Capacity building and training of programme and M&E support staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
• Supervise and mentor M&E support staff in executing M&E plans.
• Contribute to the design of M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with programme staff to identify and plan for M&E needs.
• Perform any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Human resource and personnel development; Quality management; Capacity planning; Data collection; Programme management; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply