Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator
Akina Mama Wa AfrikaKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 4 days left to apply for this job.
The MEL Coordinator will provide strategic leadership in planning, developing, and managing a system for monitoring, evaluating and learning that foregrounds feminist principles that account for gender and power in measurement practice, and in accordance with AMwA’s strategic plan and programmes. The purpose of this position is to contribute to building and maintaining a robust and cutting-edge MEL process that is responsive to program needs, captures the complexity and slow pace of systemic transformational change at the personal and institutional level, and ensures effective program outcomes, learning, and adaption. The MEL Coordinator will keep abreast of the trends in MEL approaches to ensure the use of technically appropriate monitoring evaluation and learning models and information systems.
Strategy development and planning processes
• Lead the design, development and implementation of a MEL Strategy
• Contribute to the development of a Management Information System through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized MEL
• Participate in the strategic planning process of the organization
• Lead in the development of indicators for AMwA’s Theory of Change and undertake periodic reviews to ensure alignment with the strategic plan and ongoing programs. Program/project monitoring and evaluation plan and systems
• Develop and maintains an enabling environment for MEL to ensure that it becomes a high priority in the organization
• Liaise with the programme leads to develop monitoring plans for programmes and projects, and develop standard performance monitoring tools to monitor progress based on established indicators in collaboration with other leads and the monitoring and evaluation Associate
• Develop participatory data collection tools and methods that remove barriers to participation and that centre the voices and lived experiences of women in all their diversity.
Monitoring and evaluation of interventions and activities
• Prepare annual and quarterly monitoring and evaluation plans that are flexible, adaptable and responsive to context
• Conduct regular monitoring visits to program sites
• Collate project and programme monitoring and evaluation data, and populate Management Information Systems
• Collaborate with external consultants undertaking programme evaluations
• Support in proposal development focusing on MEL needs. Programme Reporting
• Coordinates data analysis processes for program activities as specified in the programmes work plans
• Develop a reporting system and support other staff to use reporting system for development of periodic programme and organisational reports
• Package and support the programme leads in disseminating reports with relevant stakeholders in collaboration with the Communication and Advocacy Coordinator and Programme Leads
Research, Learning and Adaptation
• Compile documentation for learning, accountability, and reporting for the different teams to best meet the interest of AMwA’s constituencies.
• Take lead in designing research tools and questions to generate evidence for policy engagement
• Using a feminist lens, collaborate with the Communication and Advocacy Coordinator to document and share stories of impact.
• Contributes to the development and dissemination of knowledge products and visibility materials
• Work with external consultants to commission and review evaluations, ensuring quality
• Benchmark evidence, results and strengths against likeminded players and organization within and outside the feminist movement.
• Maintain good working relations with partner MEL staff to ensure coherence of AMwA’s MEL with other partners
• Identify capacity gaps in MEL for both AMwA staff and partner organizations and undertake capacity strengthening interventions on the same.
• Liaise with partners and integrate AMwA monitoring system as appropriate
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Akina Mama Wa Afrika has no other jobs
Nairobi / Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited
Senior MEAL Officer
Custom location, / ZOA-Uganda
Programme Development Officer
Kilifi / Summit Recruitment & Search
Terms of Reference: Understanding Barriers to Vaccine Uptake in Kenyan Slums
Nairobi / Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO)
Nairobi / Skills Geographic Kenya (SGK)