Job verified by Fuzu
Jhpiego | Kitui, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning (MEL) Assistant-Kitui
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning (MEL) Assistant-KituiPrincipal Coordination Officer
Associate Programme Management Officer
Project Assistant -Shelter (Social) Kyangwali (for Ugandan Nationals)
Norwegian Refugee Council
World Food Programme
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Kitui
Reporting to the Senior MEL Officer, the Afya Halisi MEL Assistant will assist in routine data collection,verification and entry. S/he will contribute to MEL capacity building of Ministry of Health (MOH) staff on data management; provide feedback to MOH on data quality, completeness and use; coordinate data quality audits (DQAs) and data review meetings with MOH; and participate in all other MEL activities.
University degree or higher diploma in health records, social sciences or a health information field.
Additional relevant post graduate certifications are an added advantage
Two (2) years’ work experience in M&E of health projects and/or HMIS
Working experience with MOH systems and personnel and in USAID-funded projects is an added advantage
Knowledge of and interpretation of key indicators in FP/RMNCHAH, nutrition and WASH is essential.
Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office and data analysis packages
Excellent data management and analysis skills.
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address. Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
- Offer technical support on FP/RMNCAH, nutrition and WASH reporting tools, data management processes, analysis and interpretation to MOH to meet program requirements
- Orient health facilities and Community Units on FP/RMNCAH, nutrition and WASH reporting requirements, indicator definitions and use of data tools
- Coordinate data collection of Afya Halisi program activities to ensure timely and complete reporting
- Support MOH in information system for purposes of collecting, analysis and synthesis of monitoring data in respective sub-counties
- Collect, clean and enter health facility, community unit and project data for FP/RMNCAH, nutrition and WASH services into the project database
- Collate and enter relevant Afya Halisi project data/results for required reporting periods into appropriate USAID reporting databases such as JPHES and Trainet
- Participate in regular performance and data review meetings at project level
- Plan and facilitate capacity building and training of MOH staff in M&E through on-the-job training and mentorship
- Support MOH in archiving M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis, files and reports
- Strengthen use of data for decision making by supporting MOH in conducting data review meetings and use of RMNCAH score card
- Participate in routine data quality assessments in assigned Afya Halisi sub-counties
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KituiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Quality management; Capacity planning; Data collection; Programme management; Training program planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)