Job verified by Fuzu
Build Africa Uganda | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Build Africa ( BA ) is an international NGO that believes in the power of education to help end poverty. We work to give children the education they need and ﬁght the inequalities that stand in their way. We partner with remote and rural communities where children are leaving school without vital basic skills. Our unique approach then helps parents and teachers to create sustainable, effective schools and to nurture their children's teaming. For over 20 years we have ensured vulnerable children in Africa get the right infrastructure, teaching and family support so they can get the most from their time at school and go on to lead productive, healthy and happy lives. Every child deserves a good education.
Advanced degree in quantitative discipline (preferably in Social Science, Economics, or Statistics.
3 to 5 years of professional experience in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning with practical ﬁeld based experience of data collection and survey methods
Proven experience of building system end developing staff capacity to collect, analyze and use data effectively at all levels of an organisation
Experience in the design arid management of baseline, mid line and ﬁnal evaluations including sampling methods and calculating appropriate sample sizes
Extensive knowledge of quantitative Br qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools
Knowledge of (quasi-) experimental program evaluation designs (desirable)
Excellent coordination and communication skills gained through experience in the supervision of ﬁeld staff
High level of proﬁciency in windows Excel and Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA or Epi-info etc.)
Experience in use of mobile data collection methods and use of mapping software
Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing
Excellent analytic skills combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving
Knowledge and experience supporting monitoring and evaluation within primary education and livelihood projects (desirable)
Being proactively self-engaged in research and innovations in the ﬁeld of monitoring and evaluation
Eagerly jump on opportunities to exceed expectations and solve new challenges autonomously
Exhibit commitment to the professional development of him/herself, developing new skills whenever necessary
An innovator, looking for new and effective ways to collect, store, analyze and report data
Awareness of child safeguarding. conﬂict sensitivity and knowledge of Do No Harm Programming.
A person of high integrity that will follow BAU’s core values and adhere to a zero tolerance on waste and corruption.
Job application procedure
1. Your CV/resume should include your contact information and 3 work-related references.
2. You should clearly state your current salary and Expectations
- The job holder will be responsible for providing oversight for Build Africa MEL function including the design and implementation of MEL tools to adequately plan, monitor, and report in an accurate and timely manner on program performance. in collaboration with the Head of Programs and Programme teams,
- The job holder will ensure that the programme undertakes routine quality improvement, result monitoring & data quality assessment, has accurate information briefs, regular sharing of programme updates with stakeholders, a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from programme stakeholders.
- S/he will also bring new ways of working and innovation to the role. A key element is to build staff capacity so they incorporate MEL into their daily project work.
- The incumbent will also work with Head of Programs and UK Head of Project Design and innovation to develop logtrames and support proposal design and will directly report to the Head of Programmes Uganda
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Data collection; Research planning; Quantitative methods; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply