Job verified by Fuzu
Alliance Forum for Development (AFOD) Uganda | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant (Lobule)
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
(VA NO: AFOD/EXT/INT/45/18/001)
Alliance Forum for Development-AFOD Uganda is a non-profit, non-governmental organization working with humanitarian and development partners to address the needs of conflict affected population, rural and urban poor communities in Uganda to address their real needs in areas of health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, environmental health, protection and psychosocial support, and research.
Main job summary:
Under the direct supervision of M&E Officer, the incumbent will support in ensuring programmatic assessments, monitoring, and quality of the programme in the field, he/she supports in verifying the planned movements and distribution of food, cash or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies to the supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation.
University degree in one of the following areas: Public Health, Environmental Health Science, Public Administrative, Community Health, Social sciences, and related technical field. Diploma with five years’ experience will be considered in lieu of the bachelor’s degree.
Minimum of at least two years of professional work experience in the NGO, other development organizations, private sector or national government and field work experience in programming.
Experience of emergency programme interventions in developing countries and familiarity with the interagency Cluster approach is an added advantage.
At least one year of work experience in the same project or related is required.
How To Apply:
Submit your application through email and address to the Human resource Officer, Kampala Head Office, Plot 17 Charles Lwanga Road, Ntinda Minister’s Village or the Adjumani Field Office, Kelvin Road. Include a cover letter clearly stating the position, vacancy reference and location, CV(with at least 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
- Maintaining information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collating assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaising with WFP, other partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receiving and collating comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Using WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of AFOD in the coverage areas.
- Field mission reports to document programme implementation prepared.
- Following set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Performing other relevant duties as by your immediate supervisors from time to time.
Maintained records, monitored plan documentation of commodity movements and programme checklists in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
Organized data accordance with clear direction that supported programme reviews and informative decision-making.
Liaised with WFP, other partners and internal counterparts gathered feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
Received and collated comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, identified programmatic issues and fostered efficient operations.
Using WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of AFOD in the coverage areas.
Field mission reports to document programme implementation prepared.
Followed set emergency response processes and procured emergency food assistance.
Performed duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Programme management; Documentation and record keeping; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply