Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst (Nairobi or Mombasa)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have today left to apply for this job.
African Entrepreneur Collective, a social enterprise with 140 staff in 10 offices across East Africa, serves more than 10,000 entrepreneurs a year in Rwanda and Kenya. The company is rapidly expanding in Kenya, Ethiopia, and soon to Lebanon and Jordan.
Through AEC’s East African affiliates – AEC Kenya and Inkomoko – entrepreneurs can access a comprehensive suite of business tools, trainings, consulting, and access to affordable finance. AEC is the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in sub-Saharan Africa.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Data Analyst will be answerable to the Manager of Analytics and Reporting for the performance of duties. Specific responsibilities include:
- Consolidate, clean, and analyze data on a variety of programs and projects.
- Prepare internal M&E reports for use by senior leaders to make strategic decisions.
- Analyze data to document: program progress, outputs, impact, and learnings,
identifying significant outliers or trends that could provide meaningful insight.
- Use Stata and Excel to create pivot tables and charts that are both sophisticate but easy to understand by non-M&E staff.
- Quantitative analysis of anecdotal and focus group data.
- Interpret data sets and identifying trends and patterns, and proactively educate colleagues on these trends and insights.
- Participate in routine projects (pertaining to system improvement, reporting, presentation preparations, and planning).
- Perform any other activities related to the monitoring and evaluation of clients and internal organization needs, as decided by supervisor.
- Work with M&E leadership to write summary reports for both internal and external audiences, including funders, Board of Directors, government, and other high-value stakeholders.
- Support Directors by preparing consolidated reports, including concise narratives and relevant tables and/or charts and graphs that capture progress against indicators.
- Provide donors/partners/investors with accurate and user-friendly information and ensure that senior management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with the Communications staff to share consolidated or disaggregated results needed for public communications, such as the annual report or results posted on the company websites.
The candidate should be at an advanced level within the M&E domain and bring years of relevant experience to the role. The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Statistics, Mathematics, Data science, or related field. A master degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 4-years’ professional experience in M&E, statistics, computational or data science.
- Advanced data analysis skills using Stata, R, or Python.
- Data visualization skills, using tools such as PowerBi.
- Fluent oral/written English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of Somali or Arabic is a plus.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Ability to make SMART work plans and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to innovate and ability to think systematically.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Computer literacy with (proven) Advanced MS Excel, PPT skills.
- Strategic thinker, organizational, team-building, attention to detail and representational skills.
- Advanced experience in managing multiple tasks while maintaining quality deliverables, on-time.
Inkomoko’s core beliefs and values enable us to achieve our vision and mission. Our employees embody the key tenants of the company’s culture. All candidates must demonstrate our core values:
Purpose: be solutions-oriented and produce high quality work and be a global leader.
Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you think is possible.
Improvement: Be humble and committed to continuous learning and growing. Improve through giving and receiving open and accurate feedback
Bravery: willing to take risks and create a safe space for others to take risks. Be compassionate and inclusive.
Turikumwe/Tuko Pamoja (We are together): Take time to appreciate colleagues, celebrate success, and hold each other up in hard times. We eat goat
- Fun, collaborative work environment.
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills.
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth.
- Health benefits, ample time-off, and a competitive salary.
encouraged to apply
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: Arabic (Spoken: basic | Written: basic)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent), Somali (Spoken: basic | Written: basic),
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
Today left to apply
African Entrepreneur Collective
African Entrepreneur Collective works with local entrepreneurs so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs. AEC has 140 staff in offices in: - Rwanda (Kigali and Musanze) - Kenya (Nairobi, Mombasa, Dadaab, Kakuma) Working with 14,000 entrepreneurs in 2020, AEC is poised to grow with new offices in Kenya in 2021, providing training, consulting, and access to affordable finance. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Meet your new colleagues
Today left to apply