Job verified by Fuzu
Heifer International | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer-East Africa EAYIP
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer-East Africa EAYIPSenior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Principal Coordination Officer
Associate Programme Management Officer
Project Assistant -Shelter (Social) Kyangwali (for Ugandan Nationals)
Norwegian Refugee Council
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The East Africa Youth Inclusion Program (EAYIP) Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Officer under the technical guidance of the EAYIP Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) Manager, will provide MLE support to function across the Country program and, as such, work in close collaboration with respective EAYIP consortium partners and their M&E leads with the view to support the country program on MLE function. To this end, he/she will provide technical assistance; advice and training on key aspects of MLE to shape the overall EAYIP’s country framework and ensure that key outcomes are properly monitored/tracked, documented. She/he will also work with the team to build capacity on the use of data and indicators; analyze monthly data, and support training in quality assurance methods. The Officer will lead the process working with partners in strengthening the partners Information System, prepare periodic reports and promote programmatic learning.
Program Effectiveness (50%)
- Support the Implementation of MLE framework and plan in EAYIP at Country level.
- Provide technical support for implementing MLE plan to ensure meaningful information systems are in place to capture data to feed into management decisions.
- Recommend steps for strategic adjustments and steps and provide follow up to implementation based on data captured through MLE framework and plan.
- Responsible to ensure quality data is captured through the MLE system and incorporating adjustments as needed.
- Responsible for building MLE capacity.
- Coordinate MLE activities between researches, evaluators and internal MLE staff.
- Conduct data analysis to meet MLE plan.
- Play an active role in the development of a comprehensive M&E plan for EAYIP including development of approaches, process, tools, schedules, among others.
Accountable for knowledge and Information Management and Reporting at country Office level. (30%)
- Prepare and consolidate reports as per donor requirements and MLE plan.
- Maintain data management system at country level.
- Coordinate implementation of M&E activities as described by the M&E plan including assisting the Country Program Manager in preparing and disseminating relevant reports.
- Collaborate with the MLE Manager designing tools required as per MLE plan such as surveys, tracking sheets, FGD’s.
- In collaboration with MLE Manager organize periodic evaluation and progress monitoring events by involving partners.
- In collaboration with different units, periodically monitors the quality of data collected and reports produced.
- Collect and compile the case stories and success stories related to program activities as appropriate.
- Support the program team to incorporate key learnings in the upcoming plan and programme.
- Undertake data quality assessments of programmatic data to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Document key outcomes, based on data collect
- Coordinate knowledge sharing and reflection activities to identify lessons through implementation practices and data.
Management and Compliance (10%)
- Develop knowledge management activities, identify lessons and other information that could be shared with partners and key stakeholders.
- Document the learning and best practices in the EAYIP.
- Provides data deemed important for concept paper or proposal development
- Support the overall leadership in developing and maintaining project database at country level.
- Coordinate annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Country Program Manager in preparing and disseminating relevant reports.
Partnership and Engagement (10%)
- Maintain a program database at country level as per the MLE framework.
- Prepare and consolidate monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual reports
- Closely review data and indicators progress to ensure that corrective recommendations are provided on a timely basis.
- Maintains accurate information in project database as well as accurate and timely electronic files.
- Accountable for knowledge management, learning and sharing
- Support MLE technical support to partners and stakeholders
- Provide statistical information for use by partners and HPI.
- Attend relevant government and partners’ meetings to further develop collaboration and to obtain new methods and ideas in responsibility.
- Prepare presentations to foster strong MLE practices
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practice.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Compliance; Project implementation; Data analysis; Partnerships; Data collection; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)