Fuzu Exclusive Job
Hope for Victoria Children | Kisumu, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
MWENDO Project Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to MWENDO Project CoordinatorProgramme Manager
Somalia Working Test
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Principal Coordination Officer
Associate Programme Management Officer
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Kisumu
Hope for Victoria Children (HOVIC) is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed MWENDO in Partnership with CRS, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross-sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
Reporting to the Head of programs, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, implementation and reporting of the project ensuring
that team members effectively undertake their roles within defined project strategies and approaches and that project risks are managed. The project coordinator will ensure that adequate systems are in place, staff are well trained to undertake their roles, staff are supervised and account for their results, resources are optimally utilized and properly accounted for, project objectives are being addressed and that project successes are documented and managed. He / she shall ensure that linkages with the local, sub county and county stakeholders on OVC is effective and responds to the case management and coordination of care approach for service delivery.
Project Coordination and Supervision
Service delivery to OVC and their caregivers
- Works with the project team members to develop responsive monthly workplans and ensures prudent allocation and utilization of resources.
- Holds regular staff and community meetings to review progress, address emerging issues and plan for subsequent actions.
- Coordinate all support supervision activities by staff ensuring that CHVs and field agents are adequately provided with the support they need to undertake their roles.
- Continually communicates to the MWENDO technical officers on project progress, challenges and support required to deliver on the project objectives.
- Ensures that all the activities being implemented are conducted within a process that enhances community ownership, participation and contribution for sustainability.
- Takes lead in developing working relationships and linkages with national and county government line ministries as well with other OVC actors in the region of implementation including the Kisumu Street Children Consortium
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
Capacity strengthening of the implementation structures
- Supports project team members to recruit, assess, develop case plans, implement and monitor and exit OVC including Street Connected Children (SCC) and their caregivers who have achieved their household care goals.
- Takes lead in the implementation of the case management and coordination of care approaches to OVC and their households.
- Supports project team members to work with the community based workforce to deliver services to OVC and their caregivers. These services shall include but not limited to health and nutrition, education support and vocational training, psychosocial care and support, protection, house hold economic strengthening and provision of care and shelter, rescue, rehabilitation and reintegration of SCC with their families
- Supports the project team to design, initiate and implement sustainability actions for caregivers and CHVs for long term support to OVC.
- Works with the project team to ensure that quality improvement practices are adopted and responds to the service standards for OVC programing in Kenya.
Coordination of Care to OVC Including Street Connected Children
- Takes lead in all the capacity strengthening actions ensuring that capacity building is structured and responds to the needs of the caregiver forums, CHV cluster groups, locational and sub county area advisory councils, SILC groups among other entities as may be defined.
- Works with project team members and the organization management to address capacity gaps as identified through the SRFMA and HOCAI ensuring that capacity strengthening actions responds to the gaps and that desired results are being realized.
- Train, coach and support the project team so as to deliver on project outcomes.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge management
- Works with the DCS to strengthen the capacity of sub county and locational area advisory councils as well as that of volunteer children officers to undertake their functions and support HOVIC – MWENDO Programme interventions.
- Supports case conferencing activities by the area advisory councils and or technical working groups established to deliver integrated care services to OVC and their households.
- Continually updates and guides project team members on emerging issues in OVC programming, alignment to national strategic plans and policy directions as well as on compliance to the child protection and child safe guarding policies.
- Conducts routine support supervisions and spot checks to project sites and project teams to ensure compliance to standards and quality service delivery to OVC and their caregivers.
- Works with M&E team to ensure that the they adequately undertake their M and E functions within the acceptable project standards for effective reporting and accountability for results.
- Supports project team members to identify, document, and disseminate knowledge products to build on evidence based practices in OVC programing including SCC program
- Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly donor reporting. Ensures that the M and E team effectively utilize CPIMS, manage data and use data for decision making.
- Provide monthly, Quarterly and annual reports on the programs progress for the donors and for internal use
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KisumuArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Business development; Project management information systemsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
, Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)