Job verified by Fuzu
World Vision | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
National Coordinator Gender & Disability
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to National Coordinator Gender & DisabilitySocial Affairs Coordinator
Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Program Management Specialist - Peace Building.
Deputy Area Manager –(Uganda)
Danish Refugee Council
Associate Director, Field Operations-Uganda
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The purpose of this position is to provide technical guidance and coordination of World Vision Kenya’s efforts to mainstream Gender and Disability within WVK’s program areas, aimed at achieving child wellbeing outcomes. This includes technical support and advice to program staff and managers on issues of gender justice.
Technical Support 30%
• Participate in the development of the Gender and Disability Technical Approach and Programs implemented by WVK
• Coordinate development, dissemination and roll-out of Gender and Disability National Strategy guidelines within WVK.
• Contextualize and adapt partnership and international trends and emerging issues on Gender and Disability roll out to WVK.
• Ensure all Gender and Disability strategic mandates and specific interventions are done in compliance with set partnership, donor, national and international standards.
• Timely provide Gender and Disability technical support to the regions, projects/grants as needed to ensure Gender and Disability interventions meet WV, donor and international standards.
• Ensure linkage with EARO and GC Gender and Disability team for continued technical backstopping to enable quality programming within Kenya.
• Ensure that Gender and Disability standards and policies are developed in coordination with partnership entities.
• Ensure effective integration of Gender; Peace, Child Protection, Disability, Christian commitment and Advocacy in programming
• Provide technical guidance to ensure mainstreaming of Gender and Disability in assessment, baselines and evaluations projects.
• Ensure development, dissemination and monitoring of Gender and Disability standards, operating documents to achieve child well-being targets.
• Ensure development, and roll out of monitoring tools guidelines, policies, technical approaches, and other standard operating documents to achieve child well-being targets.
• Ensure Gender and Disability integration in Area Plans, re/ designs and concepts/proposals.
• Upscale and support WVK’s current work and integration on Sector within and among WVK’s areas of operation.
• Ensure Gender and Disability key performance indicators are met.
• Coordinate contributions to National and County level Gender and Disability strategies drawn from local level programming lessons.
• Identify capacity gaps in Gender and Disability to inform the national level staff capacity development strategy
• Ensure skills and capacity development for staff and partners in, Gender and Disability approaches.
Program Development and Grants Acquisition 25%
• Support PDGA team to pre-position, develop and market Gender and Disability proposals/concepts.
• Coordinate with programs team to ensure that grant projects meet operational compliance as per the set donor standards.
• Support the grants acquisition team in actual writing of concepts and proposals to increase funding gender and disability interventions as well as other areas of the technical programme.
• Responsible for working with the Technical Programme leads to determine the funding deficit and needs of the various locations.
• Work with the Grants Acquisition Team to establish donor linkages, develop and market fundraising products (concept notes, proposals etc.) and acquire extra (Non Sponsorship) financial support for the Program.
• Support PDGA the start-up and handing-over processes in collaboration with PDGA.
Accountability, Learning and Innovation 20%
• Provide technical guidance to ensure mainstreaming of Gender and Disability in baselines and evaluations of Programs and grant projects
• Coordinate regular learning forums to profile, communicate and unsure adaptation of promising practices.
• Coordinate identification, documentation and sharing of promising practices to inform evidence programing.
• Coordinate new and innovative Gender and Disability research ideas to document, publish and share findings
• Collate, analyze, interpret and utilize Gender and disability monitoring data for reporting and decision making
Engagement Networking and Advocacy 20%
• Establish and maintain strategic contacts with partners to support Gender and Disability programming.
• Coordinate involvement of WVK’s in key National/ International Days such as International Women’s day.
• Ensure WVK’s representation in key strategic national/international Gender and Disability related working groups and forums.
• Lead in development and utilization of MOUs / working agreements with partners.
• Ensure mainstreaming of advocacy in Gender and Disability.
• Coordinate contributions to national and county level Gender and Disability strategies drawn from local level programming lessons
• Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor or designee from time to time.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Grant and fund management; Document and archive management; Partnerships; Lobbying, advocacy; Programme management; Training delivery; Training program planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)