Job verified by Fuzu
Enabel | Kampala, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
National Maintenance Coordinator
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Installation, maintenance, repair
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
National Maintenance Coordinator is to be recruited to operate within the TIE team and will work under the direct supervision of the International Infrastructure Expert.
The National Maintenance Coordinator will work closely with the counterpart of the Construction Management Unit (CMU) of MoES.
To strengthen maintenance capacities of the Colleges
- Develop simple user tools on how to organise building and equipment inspection.
- Support asset managers and maintenance committees in developing and implementing budgeted maintenance plans.
- Organise training for NTC staff on maintenance planning, estimating works to be done and priorities setting.
- Document and share good practices on maintenance (inside and outside project). .
- Control maintenance works funded by the project (on-site and colleges reports). .
- Support the identification, planning and coordination of the colleges’ awareness raising activities on maintenance
To lead procurement of investment to support the colleges sustainably
- Prepare sketches or drawings and specifications for project investments related to maintenance of buildings, energy efficiency, water harvesting, water filtering, solar security lights, etc.
- Support the procurement and implementation oi facilities earmarked under direct support.
- Follow-up procurement processes and coordinate implementation.
To support the Construction Management Unit (CMU) of the MoES
- Provide technical advice to strengthen the capacity of CMU to deliver its service in a timely, efficient and effective way.
- Contribute to the implementation of the capacity development plan and related activities (training, consultancies, workshops...)
As a TIE team mergger
- Participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Teacher Training Education Project.
- Participate in the Results Based framework implemented in the NTCs (preparation of-the reviews, support to the Committees for planning, budgeting and monitoring maintenance activities).
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KampalaArea of work
: Installation, maintenance, repairSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Construction management; Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Architectural planning and design; Project implementation; Equipment and tool maintenanceRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply