Job verified by Fuzu
Family Bank Kenya | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Information technology, software development, data
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Network ManagerApplication Analyst
Ceridian Mauritius Ltd
Mobile Social Enterprise
Products Analyst (Enterprise Business Unit)
Jobs in Information technology, software development, dataMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Are you driven to build a reputation as a trusted IT leader? positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position
Responsible for establishing the bank-wide strategic direction for networking. As a member of the IT Leadership Team, this individual will establish goals and objectives for the Network and Communications Unit while directing the architecture, design, security and auditing of the data, voice and video network.
Lead and Develop a High Performing Technical Team
· Provide direction and mentoring to the talented team of Network and Communication Engineers who develop and build solutions using a variety of technologies
· Focus on individual and team performance/development planning and goal setting.
· Responsible for the activities of the team, leading change management and risk management efforts, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of the projects.
Collaboratively lead the development, management and implementation of the Bank’s networking strategy:
· Manage the design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of Family Bank’s global networks, including all network routing and switching (Cisco Nexus core and related edge devices).
· Support and deploy technologies such as LAN, WAN, WLA Security and Application Delivery (F5) products
· Be a key constituent and team member for support and deployment of applications such as VOIP, video conferencing, and unified communication technologies.
· Serves as a member of the IT Leadership Team, collaborating with leaders and team members from across IT.
· Create and communicate key networking metrics to IT Senior Leadership Team.
Ensure Team Project Delivery and Drive Results
· Partnering with other technical managers, oversee planning, estimating, and project commitment date setting to ensure delivery and appropriate resource allocation.
· Manage project expectations, ensuring consistent execution and quality of delivery
· Drive critical project and product trade-off decisions
· Oversee network team’s change management processes and adherence to networking best practices and solutions
· Ensures network availability by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good-put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
· Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
· Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
· Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
· Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Support the following Family Bank systems:
1. Contact Centre – AMEYO (CRM)
2. Switchboard - Cisco
4. Voice Gateways
5. Call Managers
3. Cisco ACS
4. Cisco ICE
1. Nexus switch 7k
2. Nexus switch 2k
3. Aggregation Router ASR
4. Partner routers
5. Internet Routers
6. DMZ switch
1. Branch Cisco Router
2. Branch Cisco switch
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Information technology, software development, dataSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Budgeting, financial planning; System and network security; System architecture; Network management; IT supportRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)